didnt do so hot on step 2 CK

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tastebuds

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I did ok on step 1 but went down considerably on step 2. How is that going to affect my chances in internal medicine residency programs?

Members don't see this ad.

I did ok on step 1 but went down considerably on step 2. How is that going to affect my chances in internal medicine residency programs?

what scores classify as "ok" and "went down considerably" to you? why did you take step 2 early if you already had an "ok" step 1 score? what is the rest of your app like (grades, research, LORs)? what type of internal medicine residency programs were you looking at?

these are all questions that you need to answer in order for someone like aPD or WS to give you an informed answer.

obviously it depends on your scores and how high your step 1 was. and it really depends on whether you clicked yes to teh second question on ERAS asking whether you automatically wanted your usmle transcripts reupdated. hopefully you said no, and you can just not resubmit your usmle until very, very late.