Didn't get MCAT trial section

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RYA_

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I just took my MCAT recently and I remember choosing the i wish to score my mcat bubble. But I didn't get any trial section. When I told the test centre people abt it they said that I probably skipped the section.
I'm getting really paranoid as I whether i did or did not score my MCAT now. Can someone please tell how they were asked to complete the trial section, like did you have a screen that said that do you wish to complete a trial section or something?
I only had like an end of the mcat survey. Has something similar of sort happen to anyone else?
Any comments would be really helpful.
Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

After the survey it asks you if you want to participate in the trial section.

For me nothing else just came up after the survey expect for some examinee agreement
Im so sorry but if you don't mind me asking, was it during that survey that you were asked abt the trial section or like the survey closes and then a next screen?
Thank you so much for the reply i really do appreciate it.

I don't remember exactly, but it was certainly a box that came up either before or after the survey asking if I would like to try out the new section.

Cheers.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in the exact same boat as you! I took my exam on 9/6 and my day was full of technical issues since I got to my testing center. I could have sworn I selected that I want my exam scored and that I wanted to do the trial section but, I too, only got the survey at the end. At this point I don't even remember what the last screen I saw was :( and am now completely freaking out that I accidentally voided my exam or something.

Called aamc today and they told me to call back on Friday so they can tell me if I voided, but they did seem to hint that is wasn't a good sign that the trial section didn't come up.

I'm realllllyyyy hoping it was just a computer issue.

Might have been a comp issue.

But it was my understanding that anyone who says they wish to have their MCAT scored will be immediately asked about the trial section (I think it's before the feedback section)

OMG the same thing happened to me. I had computer issues during my test too and so i was switched to a different computer but like im really sure that i chose to score it but nothing came up. I wanted to do the trial section too and so i asked them and the person just told me that i might have skipped which i doubt because i dont think i would miss that kind of detail and that too during such an important exam. I should call the aamc too

OMG the same thing happened to me. I had computer issues during my test too and so i was switched to a different computer but like im really sure that i chose to score it but nothing came up. I wanted to do the trial section too and so i asked them and the person just told me that i might have skipped which i doubt because i dont think i would miss that kind of detail and that too during such an important exam. I should call the aamc too
They had to restart my computer 3 times and ended up switching me to another one. I would definitely call them. They told me to call back because it takes 5 days from your exam until they get the voided score list apparently.

Update on my situation! I called AAMC today and they told me I did not void!!! So there must have been some problem with the computer that caused the trial section not to pop up.

I'm so relieved! One less thing to worry about!