Difference between aamc CBT# vs aamc #R tests

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mp595

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How are they different?

Members don't see this ad.

Or are they the same? Which test is a better indicator? Which test would you recommend?

The R version is the old paper version. To get to the CBT, they cut and paste the older paper tests to change the test into the new format. The CBTs are the best indicator, take those.

Members don't see this ad :)
Definitely. Don't underestimate the change to the CBT. It might seem small, but it can alter your test strategies. I suggest taking the R version of #3-6 and CBT #7-10.

How is it possible to obtain the R versions? I have purchased the CBTs online already

Hi guys, This might be idiot questions. What is CBT practice test for mcat? are they just another name for AAMC practice test? I'm confuse.. What are the differences? Thanks for answering my questions.

Hi guys, This might be idiot questions. What is CBT practice test for mcat? are they just another name for AAMC practice test? I'm confuse.. What are the differences? Thanks for answering my questions.

CBT stands for computer-based tests. If the the exam is called AAMC CBT, then it means an AAMC practice test that is taken online in the format of the real MCAT in the e-mcat website (related to AAMC). Some other prep companies offer CBT exams as well such as the gold-standard practice exams but nothing compares to AAMC to be honest.