Different pracitce models after neurocritical care fellowship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Neuroresident

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Till few years ago, everyone graduating with the NCC fellowship (at least from the top tier programs) could expect to choose from different offers to practice at an academic center in the usual manner: few weeks of service in NICU alternating with something else. But now a days with more and more fellows graduating each year, I assume that option will soon be scarcer. In that scenario, can anyone shed light on what are the other practice models prevalent for Neurocritical care trained neurologists outside of the academic center?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

Till few years ago, everyone graduating with the NCC fellowship (at least from the top tier programs) could expect to choose from different offers to practice at an academic center in the usual manner: few weeks of service in NICU alternating with something else. But now a days with more and more fellows graduating each year, I assume that option will soon be scarcer. In that scenario, can anyone shed light on what are the other practice models prevalent for Neurocritical care trained neurologists outside of the academic center?

Thank you!

I have noted a fairly good hiring demand recently for neurohospitalist. Let's face it, an NCC trained neurologist would make an exceptional neurohospitalist.