Differering Difficulty Between "batches"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mkmkmk

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have a sense as to how the admissions difficulty changes per batch, and whether there is actually that big of a difference between having the ADEA get your stuff out July 1st versus say July 20th?

Members don't see this ad.

The sooner your application goes out the better try not to over think it. Just get it out as soon as possible, seriously it could mean the difference between an acceptance or not!

Members don't see this ad :)
doc toothache probably has a spreadsheet for this. I recommend PMing him and checking.

why would a dental school accept an inferior applicant just because he applied earlier? i mean im sure adcoms get a general idea of how competitive the pool is since every year its about the same so they know when to wait out for better applicants. they wont pull the trigger on accepting someone who is clearly inferior even though he applied 3 weeks earlier...

Because of the extra gold stars awarded for being first in line.

Does anybody have a sense as to how the admissions difficulty changes per batch, and whether there is actually that big of a difference between having the ADEA get your stuff out July 1st versus say July 20th?

I cannot answer for other schools, and I haven't really done statistics, but from what I can tell by scanning through some of the applications (not reviewing them), there is not a difference between set 1 vs set 2. There may become some differences in metrics between set 1 and 21, but this doesn't take into consideration the non-metric areas. There are always some diamonds in every set we receive so we have to do our due diligence.