Difficulty of level of Destroyer compared to real DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

A6project

bold yet faithful
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, i have been studying for DAT this summer. Finally, I think I have studied thoroughly on the concepts. I just started answering Destroyer Gen Chem Qs.

Compared to Kaplan Qs, Destroyer is so much tougher. The questions have A LOT of CALCULATIONS. I am worried that it will take forever to answer on a real DAT.

is the level of difficulty of destroyer equivalent to the real DAT? and amount of necessary calculations too?

Why kaplan qs so simple and concise? I am pretty disappointed and frustrated as I go over questions. I guess it is a good thing though. it motivates me more...

but plz answer me!! thanks!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Destroyer orgo is sort of similar to real DAT orgo (maybe destroyer is a bit harder, but overall, same level of difficulty on most reaction type questions)

Destroyer GC is much harder than real DAT GC. Period.... but if you master those 200+ GC problems from destroyer, they'll really prepare you

Destroyer Biology, umm, well, I personally didn't find it all that helpful. None of the 350+ questions came up (or anything similar) to my DAT biology..... However, I am NOT saying that its useless, that was just my personal experience with it, I am sure others will disagree

Other than DAT Destroyer and Cliff's AP Biology book, what other sources can we use to best prepare for the Biology section?

Other than DAT Destroyer and Cliff's AP Biology book, what other sources can we use to best prepare for the Biology section?

KBB..

KBB & Cliff's should be sufficient. If you still want more, you can purchase a biology subscription at www.thinkwell.com. This is basically a huge video series on everything biology. I think it's a great resource but it will take up a lot of time to go through everything.

Members don't see this ad :)
i thought the bio questions on destroyer were the same as the DATs

chem questions on destroyer were harder than DATs

ochem questions were the same level as the DATs

I took the Kaplan course as well. Kaplan was a really good review for everything, but Destroyer had better practice problems

AA 19
TS 20
PAT 21

that's a relief. thank GOD!! i thought i was pretty good at chem since i took it in freshman yr. i was getting angry, frsutrated, upset, and stuff. hahaha :)

Good to know that Ochem is helpful cuz it's my biggest weakness.

My New question is that,

"what would be the good chem practice problems?" MCAT hyperlearning CHEM, Crack Dat-chem, or SAT II chem??

please let me know. thanks everyone!!!!

Destroyer orgo is sort of similar to real DAT orgo (maybe destroyer is a bit harder, but overall, same level of difficulty on most reaction type questions)

Destroyer GC is much harder than real DAT GC. Period.... but if you master those 200+ GC problems from destroyer, they'll really prepare you

Destroyer Biology, umm, well, I personally didn't find it all that helpful. None of the 350+ questions came up (or anything similar) to my DAT biology..... However, I am NOT saying that its useless, that was just my personal experience with it, I am sure others will disagree

Was the biology section very hard compared to DAT destroyer and Kaplan??? please let me know