Difficulty of TPE diagnostics compared to real MCAT???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MBP

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone find the TPR diagnostic #4931 particularly difficult? I just took it and I got destroyed. I usually average around 11,12s on the sciences.

I guess in general, are TPR tests harder than the actuall MCAT??

Members don't see this ad.

Did anyone find the TPR diagnostic #4931 particularly difficult? ...

I guess in general, are TPR tests harder than the actuall MCAT??
Yep. Each of the TPR diagnostic exams is substantially more difficult than the operational MCAT.

I'm a little concerned about this too. I don't know if being harder really helps me as much. I'd rather have it better approximate the real thing. It seems like everyone's talking about Kaplan these days too. Makes me wonder if PR was worth it.

I find the TPR exams to be of average difficulty in terms of the material (but some are definitely harder than others). I agree that it is a tad bit harder than the e-mcat CBT's. HOWEVER, I thought that the mcat I took in May was WAAAY harder than TPR 1-4 and the 3-10 e-mcats.

But, keep in mind that everyone has some topics that they are comfortable with, and some less so. Perhaps I just got PS topics that I wasn't too good at!

Members don't see this ad :)
What I observed was that I do really good or really average, especially on the Bio section. Either its all memorization based, which I do better at, or totally passage extraction, which takes me way longer to do and is harder. I got a 14 on Bio one time and then a 9. The real mcat should be more balanced I hope. Then again, judging by what people said about the July 13 test, it may be different

TPR tests, the bio section at least, I feel is more knowledge based than passage. That's why according to some, the BS is better on the Kaplan than on the TPR. But I think the verbal is better on the TPR and the PS on either is fair game.

TPR tests, the bio section at least, I feel is more knowledge based than passage. That's why according to some, the BS is better on the Kaplan than on the TPR. But I think the verbal is better on the TPR and the PS on either is fair game.

yup I feel the same way about the TPR BS being more knowledge based...which is wrong!

Which Kaplan series are they talking about, is it the new Kaplan premier book which sells for around $80 bucks? I saw that one at Border's but was not too sure about it