Digital Visual Acuity Charts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eyebolit

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am in a process of setting up an office and would like to purchase digital visual acuity charts. There are many different brands (ClearChart2, 20/20 vision, Acuity PRO, Innova, Echart Acuity, topcon visichart, Clarity Acuity, Provideo system, Lombard CVS system, Sirius Visual acuity system, FrontMotion vision eye chart, Vistavision among etc). I would like to find out if anyone has any experience with these and are they worth $2,500. Which one should I go for? Do they work in rooms that are 7 ft long w/o mirrors?

Thanks for your input

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone. I am in a process of setting up an office and would like to purchase digital visual acuity charts. There are many different brands (ClearChart2, 20/20 vision, Acuity PRO, Innova, Echart Acuity, topcon visichart, Clarity Acuity, Provideo system, Lombard CVS system, Sirius Visual acuity system, FrontMotion vision eye chart, Vistavision among etc). I would like to find out if anyone has any experience with these and are they worth $2,500. Which one should I go for? Do they work in rooms that are 7 ft long w/o mirrors?

Thanks for your input

Our office uses the acuity pro and it's great. Lots of features, remote control, very very customizeable.

But a 7 foot room? I don't think you want to do that under any circumstances. That seems like a baaad idea.

Our office uses the acuity pro and it's great. Lots of features, remote control, very very customizeable.

But a 7 foot room? I don't think you want to do that under any circumstances. That seems like a baaad idea.

KHE, thanks for you comment. Did you buy their computer bundle ($2800) or just software for 1500 and using your own monitor?

I have checked official minimum distance requirements for the Acuity Pro and ClearChart2 and both mention 6 ft as minimum. Following quote is from Acuity Pro website: "The minimum distance is around 6 feet. Anything shorter than that is going to make the 20/15 and 20/10 lines be so small that they won't be accurate. Also remember that at optical distances shorter than around 13 feet, there is a 0.25 diopter or more of accommodative demand that you will need to adjust your refractions by"
Unfortunately I can't change the size of my exam rooms, so hope 7ft will do. What do you think?

Members don't see this ad :)

Thanks for your input

I bought Sharp System 20/20 for use with iMacs. It is scalable and was priced below some of the others. At the time, 2 or so years ago, a setup with the computer cost around $1600 per room.

7 feet is short.

KHE, thanks for you comment. Did you buy their computer bundle ($2800) or just software for 1500 and using your own monitor?

I have checked official minimum distance requirements for the Acuity Pro and ClearChart2 and both mention 6 ft as minimum. Following quote is from Acuity Pro website: "The minimum distance is around 6 feet. Anything shorter than that is going to make the 20/15 and 20/10 lines be so small that they won't be accurate. Also remember that at optical distances shorter than around 13 feet, there is a 0.25 diopter or more of accommodative demand that you will need to adjust your refractions by"
Unfortunately I can't change the size of my exam rooms, so hope 7ft will do. What do you think?

We bought the computer bundle though we paid a lot less than $2800 because we bought 4 of them.

In the case of a 7 foot room, I would definately go with the mirrored system. All of these digital systems accommodate for that very easily.