dilemma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

so i sent my ps to my brother back in may 30th, and he said he would correct it, but he didnt until like july 4th ishh and i was planning to submit on july 1st since my gpa is border 2.9/3.0, but my brother and parents dont understand and they are just making me postpone submitting. i mean the editing is helping but honestly for my application i feel like its not going to matter. I mean i dont know what to do anymore because when I explain this to my family, they're just saying theres not difference. I'm stuck :( i feel like giving up.

Members don't see this ad.

You should be grown up by now... if you are applying to optometry school. Do what you need to do. It's that simple. It is a shame that your family is not supportive though....(tell them to suck it?) Also, if you feel like giving up this early in the game perhaps you need to reevaluate your stance on optometry school in general. ALSO, the 1st day you could submit your application was July 15th, not the first =}

Good Luck sir.
I do think you can make it with good application prep and applying early even with a 3.0!
What did you get on your OAT if you dont mind me asking?

You should be grown up by now... if you are applying to optometry school. Do what you need to do. It's that simple. It is a shame that your family is not supportive though....(tell them to suck it?) Also, if you feel like giving up this early in the game perhaps you need to reevaluate your stance on optometry school in general. ALSO, the 1st day you could submit your application was July 15th, not the first =}

Good Luck sir.
I do think you can make it with good application prep and applying early even with a 3.0!
What did you get on your OAT if you dont mind me asking?

-i am passionate about opt, just not living at home :p but it was the 1st, they changed it this year :( and I got like a 310...when do you tink it goes from being early submitted to normal/late i think like around augs end?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does it matter if you apply now, vs. say December?

It's rolling admission so it kinda matters a lot...
Send in your app as soon as possible.
And idk when it's actually considered early vs late. I'd say early is maybe anytime before October?

so i sent my ps to my brother back in may 30th, and he said he would correct it, but he didnt until like july 4th ishh and i was planning to submit on july 1st since my gpa is border 2.9/3.0, but my brother and parents dont understand and they are just making me postpone submitting. i mean the editing is helping but honestly for my application i feel like its not going to matter. I mean i dont know what to do anymore because when I explain this to my family, they're just saying theres not difference. I'm stuck :( i feel like giving up.

I don't understand.....he didn't correct it until July 4th? So it's done now? Sounds like it is and it sounds like it isn't..?

Anyways, if you're still waiting for further corrections, look elsewhere. Is there no one else you can ask? Any other optom friends? Does your undergrad university have a career center? A writing center? Go there. Take it to a few places, see who gets back to you fastest....work with whatever you get while you wait for the others. Just stop waiting and feeling bad for yourself; do something.

having help from family is great,
but you will need to have motivation, maturity, initiative, organizational skills that will go well beyond submitting an application.

Sept. Oct. is fine, Nov. is cutting it close if you want to avoid wait list ..your grades are obviously not stellar.

what else have you done that will make you a good candidate ?

how much.. if at all have you shadowed an O.D. in any setting ?
how can anyone who hasn't done this, expect to be taken seriously ?

OAT Scores ?
http://www.testpreppractice.net/OAT/oat-scores.aspx

do you feel that interviewing.. is your strength or weakness ?
http://advisingservices.ucdavis.edu/advising/hsa/handouts/optometry_school_interview.html

its not very difficult.. but you do have to sell yourself a little,
they especially want to see someone that appears to be capable of going the distance,
dealing with and completing all modules.

no blue hair and earring in your eyebrow..:laugh:

Last edited: