Dinner fiasco?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Cold winter night....holiday season....yummy Italian food....No resident wanted to be harsh that night.:nono:

Members don't see this ad.

If you're hot, and they weren't, it doesn't really matter (and hell they crashed a dinner and ordered too much food/dessert on the program's dime --- makes y'all come off as even better). Personally, I'm surprised the residents didn't just tell them to get lost....

Maybe the two girls that crashed it were hot...

Reactions: 1 user
I swear it was a very expensive romantic Italian restaurant. :)

-I think these dinners can be important but I guess it depends on the program.
-One of the common questions they ask in the interview is - where'd you go for dinner / who was there with you / how was dinner
-Also I'm sure the PD gets feedback from residents who were at dinner with you since during one of my interviews, the PD mentioned one of the questions I asked the residents.
-Again these residents will have to work with you for the next 3+ years so they want to make sure they can have a conversation with you and that you aren't awkward / won't fit their team culture or personality.
-After going on so many interviews, I can say that some programs have very similar people - i.e. one program I went to everyone was married with kids, very tall, white males, local (grew up in the area around the hospital).