Direct Entry Psych NP Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kikiu

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I just went through this whole process. Out of your list of schools I applied to Penn, Columbia, and BC (I was admitted to all three). I ended up going to a program on the west coast, though.

Honestly, the best advice I can give is that you should make sure your goal statement is clear and cogent. Focus on what your career goals are and how nursing (in general and specifically your NP specialty) and this program will help you reach these goals. Then tie this into your background. Be specific about your experiences. Carefully read the mission statement of each program you're applying to and make sure you highlight the relevant parts of your goal statement to reflect the mission statement. I rewrote my goal statement for each school that I applied to, it only took 20 or 30 minutes each time.

While it is okay that you will not have completed all your prereqs for most programs, you should at least have A&P 1 done when you apply. Programs want to be sure you can handle the sciences. Also, programs vary on what they want done when, so check with each program that you can apply without completing all the prereqs.

Also, you will find much more info at allnurses, FYI.

good luck!