Disagreeing wtih "facts"? What to do? (pre-med)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lame0fortune

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please don't take this the wrong way, I mean to be very serious. What does one do when one disagrees with medicinal "facts"? The information is dominated by males. Don't get me wrong, I plan to practice, but when I came across this while reviewing biology for the MCAT in the PR Complete Mcat book on page 472, "The female does not experience ejaculation." And, I got really angry! Um, excuse me, can we please talk about this? Isn't this a hugely oppressive statement? I haven't even gotten into medical school yet!

How does one deal with this? When are we ever going to recognize that there is a lot about medicine that white males don't know? Does anyone who has been through medical school or in medical school had a discussion about this non-sense statement who could ease my pain please? Does one just learn that females never ejaculate? Seriously?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm getting a good whiff of one of these (mods, please arm banhammer):

upload_2015-8-1_14-16-0.jpeg

Reactions: 6 users
God damn white males, causing all the problems in the world and oppressing poor old OP.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Please don't take this the wrong way, I mean to be very serious. What does one do when one disagrees with medicinal "facts"? The information is dominated by males. Don't get me wrong, I plan to practice, but when I came across this while reviewing biology for the MCAT in the PR Complete Mcat book on page 472, "The female does not experience ejaculation." And, I got really angry! Um, excuse me, can we please talk about this? Isn't this a hugely oppressive statement? I haven't even gotten into medical school yet!

How does one deal with this? When are we ever going to recognize that there is a lot about medicine that white males don't know? Does anyone who has been through medical school or in medical school had a discussion about this non-sense statement who could ease my pain please? Does one just learn that females never ejaculate? Seriously?

I completely agree, my physiology textbook says that Indian people have tentacles instead of legs. In my opinion this is just not true; it's a myth perpetuated by white males!

Reactions: 6 users
Can someone who has the TPR book confirm or deny this?

Simply contact the author, and tell her that she made a mistake.

I'm pretty sure there actually isn't a scientific consensus on this topic yet anyway, so technically neither of you are right

Reactions: 1 user