Disciplinary Probation Disclosure

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

runnindude

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a rising undergraduate senior at a top tier University with good grades, great recs and extensive ec. In my freshman and sophomore years I was dealing with really bad anxiety and depression and I made some stupid mistakes and got placed on conditional disciplinary and then eventually actual disciplinary probation. According to my advisors, only the disciplinary probation is reportable. However, they have encouraged me to divulge every instance that has happened. The first incident, while only resulting is conditional probation, was an academic dishonesty issue. I was only placed on conditional probation because the circumstances were extremely understandable. I want to be honest but I am afraid I will completely bar myself from medical school acceptance if I divulge the first instance. Is there any way they could find out about this instance if I decided not to divulge it?

Members don't see this ad.

All institutional actions must be reported. You will attest that your application is complete and accurate. Are you honest or are you dishonest? Are you dishonest when you fear that being honest might create a problem for you?

Reactions: 2 users
OP, you can't take the risk of non disclosing it. it might be on your transcript. Even I not, you can't take the risk of one of your LOR writers saying something like this: "runnindude has grown so much since the ___ incident".

My school has outright rejected people who do this.

What was the incident(s)?

Members don't see this ad :)
if there is no paper trail, there is no problem

if there is a paper trail, you must disclose

this is why our entire society is ran by paper now, things only exist if they exist on paper