Menu Icon Search
Close Search

Discounted Kaplan Rates

Discussion in 'Kaplan MCAT Forum' started by Aromatic Amine, 11.25.10.

1. Aromatic Amine

Aromatic Amine

Pre-Dental
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    I know you can get a 10% discount for being an AMSA member.

However, does anyone know if you can get a discount for being employed w/ kaplan as well? I am a kaplan tutor and was wondering if anyone else has taken benefits or if kaplan even offers benefits.
  2. LaurenMCAT

LaurenMCAT Elite Kaplan Instructor Exhibitor

SDN Sponsor SDN Exhibitor
    Aromatic Amine - Cool discounts coming right up!

From our Kaplan MCAT Facebook page:
    "The holidays are a great time to get a jump start on you MCAT prep! Sign up now and get a FREE Science Review course with your comprehensive MCAT course, with 42 extra lessons and 600 additional questions! http://bit.ly/dXbcHt"

If you were previously enrolled in a Kaplan test prep course, maybe the SAT for example, you can get a 10% "alumni" discount on your MCAT class. This applies to a lot of students out there :)

And you're right about the AMSA advantage: Kaplan and AMSA have been working hand-in-hand to help pre-med students get into med school! If you are a pre-medical AMSA member , you get $200 off your course, too! (You can sign up today and get your benefits immediately!)

From the AMSA website:
    "AMSA realizes that taking the MCAT (and achieving a competitive score) is a premed's biggest concern and our partnership with Kaplan just made that a little easier on the wallet. Every national member of AMSA receives a $200 stackable discount on their test prep (that means $200 ON TOP of any national promotion Kaplan might be running) in addition to access to a number of other helpful resources. Contact your chapter officer or visit www.kaptest.com/amsa today for details!"

Our awesome customer service representatives are reachable at 1-800-KAPTEST...and of course, you can always private message me if you have more questions :)

Good luck! -Lauren
  3. uvagal216

uvagal216

I just called Kaplan and they told me that you cannot use the AMSA $200 discount on top of other discounts. :( You can only use one coupon...Do you know anything about this?
  4. LaurenMCAT

That doesn't sound like anything I've heard before. I'm under the understanding that all discounts are "stackable." Let me find out - will get back to you ASAP - whenever my managers or corporate HQ is back at work after the New Years holiday.

Good question, tho.
  5. LaurenMCAT

6. sooterone

sooterone

Pre-Medical
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Is the new offer for 2011 for the 200$ rebate still going on?
  7. futuredoc828

futuredoc828

Pre-Medical
    I believe it ended January 31. Sorry.
  8. cashboxz01

cashboxz01

Pre-Medical
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I got the course for $1333. It's easy, after you sign up, just call them, and tell them that TPR gave you an offer for 1300, and they cancel your last payment, and they also give you the edge program for free as well.
  9. LaurenMCAT

Wow cashbox, that's a really interesting idea. Did you personally sign up for a Kaplan MCAT course this way?
  10. LaurenMCAT

FYI: At Kaplan we don’t do price matching because we know the value of our MCAT products :thumbup: and offer a Higher Score Guarantee to back it up. We’re so confident that you’ll improve your test score that we guarantee it or you get your money back! And even if you aren’t ready to take the test (or you do and you think you can do better), you can repeat your program again at no cost.

We are going to live up to our promise and guarantee your experience without charging you ANYTHING extra - no one else can offer you that assurance.

Best of luck with your MCAT prep, cashboxz01 ;)
    and let us know if there’s anything else we can help with!

Sincerely,

Lauren
  11. apumic

apumic Oracle of the Sheet

Medical Student
    SDN 7+ Year Member
    ...Am I the only one who read that post as a "This how I ripped Kaplan off and you can too!" post? :rolleyes:

I mean...yes, the prices are high but lying to customer service to get discounts seems kind of, you know, dishonest and totally uncool. For people wanting good deals, there are much better (read: appropriate and honest) ways of doing this. For instance, speak w/ your pre-med club and get a bunch of you together to do a course. If you get a bunch of people (at least close to the minimum regular class size) together wanting a cheap MCAT course and have a room booked at your school and then call Kaplan or TPR asking them to run a class for a discounted price (maybe leave out some unnecessary lecture time or something to cut costs), you can bet one of them (probably both) is likely to take you up on the offer (assuming you don't try and pull something absolutely ridiculous -- it's got to be a reasonable offer). It's all about charisma, creativity, and flexibility. Help them and they'll help you, guaranteed. (And that's a life skill to learn, btw. Always help others help you and you'll consistently get more out of it. Learn to schmooze if you haven't already.)
  12. yetstillirise

yetstillirise

Pre-Medical
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    Are any of these discounts or specials still going on??

// Share //

Style: SDN Universal