Dismissal from med school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aawe004

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been dismissed from med school after completing two years. What are my chances of getting into another med school as a first year?

Members don't see this ad.

aawe004 said:
I have been dismissed from med school after completing two years. What are my chances of getting into another med school as a first year?

Why were you dismissed from med school???

1. Dropping from 3rd to 1st year? Probably not good (sorry).
2. We are all pre-allopathic, hence don't know anything about your question. Seek a premed advisor, and post in the allopathic/osteopathic forums.

Members don't see this ad :)
WTF, why would you be dismissed? If you got dismissed for any number of possible reasons, I can't imagine another medical school accepting you, i.e., academic dishonesty, beating a student with a Bat on South Street, cheating, lying....

THese are qualities for Law School, politics.

Maybe a Carribean school would consider you.

So what did you do?

SpiritiualDuck said:
WTF, why would you be dismissed? If you got dismissed for any number of possible reasons, I can't imagine another medical school accepting you, i.e., academic dishonesty, beating a student with a Bat on South Street, cheating, lying....

THese are qualities for Law School, politics.

Maybe a Carribean school would consider you.

So what did you do?

Actually in such cases law school might be more difficult -- ethics is a significant part of the curriculum and most bars require people to pass a character check or interview. It is only after passing the bar that you are allowed to morph into someone with those qualities. :D
I agree with the above-posters that more information is required to even begin to address this question, and that no one on this board will likely have the experience (personal or professional) to give you useful advice. There are certainly carribean places that will take your money, but I would guess the real question is whether the dismissal was for something that would preclude ever getting licensed thereafter???

SpiritualDuck, as fellow poultry would you like to be my friend?

aawe004 said:

no one can really help ypu until we got some more detials...

If you're serious, you'd need to speak to deans of med school. You reason for dismissal would be the cause for your admission (if that makes sense) honestly. I haven't heard of it happening. Leave of abscenes, yes. Dismissal (which is usually either grades, cheating and/or behavior matters), no.

Sidenote: This is the wrong forum completely for this ... smelling trollish behaviors. If you aren't, you need to rethink your strategy.

no friggin chance dude.. Im serious

aawe004 said:

Hi there,
If you have been dismissed, it is highly unlikely that any other medical school will take you. If you lie and state that you have not attended medical school, you can be dismissed all over again or have your degree invalidated once you graduate.

Your options: Attend an offshore school and try to get back into the United States for residency. This is difficult but not impossible.

Good luck
njbmd :)

I was dismissed not only for what my dean called "poor academic performance"(which is not true because I scored at the top of my M2 class), but also a lack of interpersonal communication skill because I supposedly failed a Physical Diagnosis class as well as I tell the dean in a meeting with him that I did not take the USMLE, when in fact I took it, which he constitutes as "academic dishonesty". Now that you know more, what are my chances?

I don't know about all schools, but I'm currently working on my tulane secondary and it states "Students who have been in attendance at another medical school and have been dismissed for academic or disciplinary reasons cannot be considered for admission." Maybe the idea of a carribean med school and trying to come back for residency is the best idea.

Two words: PERSONALITY DISORDER.
My guess is of the narcissistic type.
There was a PA student in my program (not my class, year or two behind me) who slipped in without anyone checking his credentials...didn't know until too late that he had previously been dismissed by another program in another state (this was before the centralized PA application process). He made life hell for every preceptor and the clinical coordinator the whole way through but I think he still graduated. Pathological liar, absolutely inconsiderate of anyone else's feelings or boundaries, an all-around a**hole. God help me if he's practicing somewhere. It happens but we hope it doesn't happen too often. This is the type who's likely to show up in the paper someday for abuse of a patient or something similar.
Call me a cynic, I can take it.
Lisa

criminallyinane said:
Why did you lie to the Dean?

I'm going to close this thread since, as pointed out before, it really doesn't belong in pre-allo and now the OP has posted an equivalent thread in allo.

Status
Not open for further replies.