Dismissed from Pharmacy School in Last Year - Need Help Please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AKRPh85

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I know this thread seems like all the other ones listed, but I am in need of serious help.
So, its a long story but to keep it to the point and to the pertinent details here's what happened. I got through pharmacy school with some ups/downs but ultimately made it to the 4th year of rotations at the Univ. of MN COP.
Unfortunately, I made some poor decisions and got into some trouble with the law, which was found out by my COP through the media news. I was offered a informal resolution that allowed me to stay within the COP under certain stipulations. During the time I got into trouble in March 2015 I had 2 incidents happen, which the first was not in the media nor did I report it to the College because I was not charged with anything. After I signed into the informal resolution, 6 months had passed and I then was told by my attorney I was going to be charged with that first incident. So, as any other honest student, I told the COP of the incident as it would be public information and I would fight this case in court.

The COP at that point decided to bring another charge of misconduct against me for falsification and repeated offenses because I didn't disclose this incident that had potential criminal charges at the time it happened in March 2015. I thought to myself at the time I signed into the informal resolution that maybe I should alert them of this first incident, but then I thought why would I tell them something I didn't commit and wasn't charged with, so I didn't. So, I had to do a hearing with College with my student advocate, and in the end the COP Academic Standing Committee decided to dismiss me from the College.

Now, I am appealing the decision at the University level, which according to my advocate has a low chance of overturning. After that, would be going to court. Does anybody have any insight on the court options? Results? Best methods? I do have an attorney coming.

Also, chances of transferring to another COP now, even after a dismissal?

Any other advice is much appreciated, thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

if you transfer dont you have to start over from scratch thats a really long road to go back on again. I really dont have any knowledge of fighting something like this but I wish you the best of luck in what you decide to do. I believe the first incident since you was not charge for it should not matter because that should be your private business and have nothing to do with the school. Reread your stipulations and see what it states then talk to your lawyer about it.

Hello,

I know this thread seems like all the other ones listed, but I am in need of serious help.
So, its a long story but to keep it to the point and to the pertinent details here's what happened. I got through pharmacy school with some ups/downs but ultimately made it to the 4th year of rotations at the Univ. of MN COP.
Unfortunately, I made some poor decisions and got into some trouble with the law, which was found out by my COP through the media news. I was offered a informal resolution that allowed me to stay within the COP under certain stipulations. During the time I got into trouble in March 2015 I had 2 incidents happen, which the first was not in the media nor did I report it to the College because I was not charged with anything. After I signed into the informal resolution, 6 months had passed and I then was told by my attorney I was going to be charged with that first incident. So, as any other honest student, I told the COP of the incident as it would be public information and I would fight this case in court.

The COP at that point decided to bring another charge of misconduct against me for falsification and repeated offenses because I didn't disclose this incident that had potential criminal charges at the time it happened in March 2015. I thought to myself at the time I signed into the informal resolution that maybe I should alert them of this first incident, but then I thought why would I tell them something I didn't commit and wasn't charged with, so I didn't. So, I had to do a hearing with College with my student advocate, and in the end the COP Academic Standing Committee decided to dismiss me from the College.

Now, I am appealing the decision at the University level, which according to my advocate has a low chance of overturning. After that, would be going to court. Does anybody have any insight on the court options? Results? Best methods? I do have an attorney coming.

Also, chances of transferring to another COP now, even after a dismissal?

Any other advice is much appreciated, thank you.

A lot depends on the context and circumstances of the crimes. For example are they drug related? I have posted my private contact on your profile. Hit me up if you would like to talk about it.

Members don't see this ad :)
a dismissal due to two criminal charges? Hope it goes well, but you are likely done

You can do it Switch to another pharmacy career.

Last edited: