Distal clavical osteolysis "Weightlifter's shoulder "

Discussion in 'Physical Therapy' started by HungryForKnowledge, 09.21.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. HungryForKnowledge

Does someone of you have experience with this condition? If yes, how did you overcome it? What are your recommendations?
    I personally have been battling with it for a year but I thought its just a strained ligament or something and I would workout through pain. I found out on MRI 4 months ago that it is distal clavical osteolysis. Since then Im trying to rehab. Ive been feeling really great lately like the shoulder is almost 100 % , Im doing also slow controled pushups, but just 1/2-3/4 of full ROM. Everything feels fine, but yesterday I stretched something somehow and it hurt me again a little bit. Its getting better again but I still feel it .. I also feel little bit of popping and moving sometimes... I really thought its almost 100 0 recovered and now this happens, its really annoying... I want the shoulder to be fine asap. I need to get back to my boxing training. Im also doing some light punches and it doesnt hurt me, also Im doing some rotator cuff and proprioception exercises. But what more can I do? 3 months ago I was visiting my physical therapist and I received some shoulder massage, magnet and electro-therapy. I felt absolutely great that time but when I stopped going there it started to bother me again, but then I managed to heal it with the rehab exercises but now it hurts again a little bit. Do you think it would help me to visit my therapist again? Its limited though, only 7 visits. So I dont know. I read that basically I need to restore the function of osteoblasts, But how?

...what are your experiences with this condition and how to heal it? Please help me, its something that really bothers me a lot.
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. jblil

jblil 5+ Year Member

East Coast
    You won't get medical advice here.
  4. DesertPT

DesertPT ` 2+ Year Member

Physical Therapy Student
    It is against the terms of service of the website to offer medical advice unfortunately...

But I will say, if I was going to a PT that offered me magnet therapy, I would find a new PT. Like one that won't charge you for something that is a complete quackery. :wtf:

About the ads