About the ads

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DIT Gross Anatomy and Radiology, HY?

Discussion in 'Step I' started by premedgurl, May 2, 2012.

1. This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. premedgurl

premedgurl

Medical Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Hi everyone,

How high yield is DIT's Gross Anatomy and Radiology book? I heard there aren't many anatomy questions on STEP1, but anatomy is my weakness.

I have 5 weeks till my test and DIT course starts next week. When should i fit this gross anatomy book into my schedule?

Thanks a bunch! :)
  2. mdeast

mdeast

Medical Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I actually looked at this book once. Looked completely useless. It is a ANATOMY AND RADIOLOGY BOOK WITH NO PICTURES.

Just think about how silly that is. It's just a question/answer book that looks at commonly tested facts. It also tests you on details that are irrelevant for Step 1 (i.e. complex insertion points of useless muscles, etc.). You can see a free preview of it online. This maybe might be good for someone taking an anatomy course and looking for a question bank to help them integrate ideas.

But. No. I don't think you should be buying a book without images to improve your Step 1 performance on radiology and anatomy.
  3. premedgurl

premedgurl

Medical Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    Thanks for your reply. that book accompanies Netter's Atlas with page numbers and all that. I do have the 12th edition of Netter's though.
  4. mdeast

mdeast

Medical Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Just look at the example questions though. That is much more than you need to know for Step 1. This is for first year medical students. It is not for boards.
  5. shan564

shan564 Below the fray

Resident [Any Field]
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    The DIT Step 1 course covers all of the anatomy you'll need for the test.