Diversity Essay

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

turtles43

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Talk about your experience with turtles. That should set you apart from the others and add diversity to the class. :) I'm actually kinda serious.

Oh, for cryin' out loud!
The prompt has nothing to do with ethnicity. It's about what's cool about you. What do you bring to the class? Your work experience alone is what I find cool and it's a valuable asset.

After I graduated last year, I began my work as full-time employee in public health. I was hoping to approach my diversity essays with this "point of view"idea, rather than race, ethnic, socioeconomic diversity. I have a lot of exposure and knowledge about the social determinants of health, and I feel that is has given me a diverse point of view when it comes to healthcare. I'm sure many applicants are aware of this side of medicine, but maybe not through direct experience.

Do you think this is diverse enough or what schools are looking for?

After I graduated last year, I began my work as full-time employee in public health. I was hoping to approach my diversity essays with this "point of view"idea, rather than race, ethnic, socioeconomic diversity. I have a lot of exposure and knowledge about the social determinants of health, and I feel that is has given me a diverse point of view when it comes to healthcare. I'm sure many applicants are aware of this side of medicine, but maybe not through direct experience.

Do you think this is diverse enough or what schools are looking for?

I think it's a fine idea. I think it would be strengthened by adding a quick concrete example or two.