DIY post bacc online....slowly, feedback?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KyleV

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm planning on doing my DIY post bacc online mainly through UNE. The issue with this plan is that it most likely will take me a few years to accomplish due to out of pocket cost and ability to balance my full time work, coursework, and any shadowing/volunteering etc. My main questions are, who here has done something similar? It is very likely I will only be able to afford to take 1 class at a time or so, will this be problematic when I get to apply that adcoms are seeing me as taking a light course load or will the fact that I'm a non-trad working full time offset the "lighter" course schedule? I still need to take all of the chemistry, all of the physics, and would like to retake a few courses also. So it seems like it wouldn't be out of the question at all to even take as long as 3 years or more to do all of this. My gpas are on the low end, around 3.0. Thanks for the help guys.

Members don't see this ad.

I have heard of people doing this. If you type UNE or spell it out in the search box, you might get more feedback.

Here's my thing though. Science classes with labs have TA's and LA's and professors. You will need LOR ideally from a professor in science course/s, which require labs. This is a good opportunity to learn from them and have them see you are on-the-ball and motivated. I mean it is what it is. You need LORs for school, and there's no way around it. So I am not sure how these LORs are from programs like UNE. I mean you can relate with professors from a distance, and heck, who doesn't anymore in the digital age? But that they have directly interacted with your as well as reviewed your work, well that may speak louder. Just one person's POV. Good luck.

Reactions: 1 user
I have heard of people doing this. If you type UNE or spell it out in the search box, you might get more feedback.

Here's my thing though. Science classes with labs have TA's and LA's and professors. You will need LOR ideally from a professor in science course/s, which require labs. This is a good opportunity to learn from them and have them see you are on-the-ball and motivated. I mean it is what it is. You need LORs for school, and there's no way around it. So I am not sure how these LORs are from programs like UNE. I mean you can relate with professors from a distance, and heck, who doesn't anymore in the digital age? But that they have directly interacted with your as well as reviewed your work, well that may speak louder. Just one person's POV. Good luck.
Thanks for the advice