DMU Class of 2017!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BabyDoc86

Neonatologist, Clinical Bioethicist
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Congratulations to all of those who are accepted! I hope to see you in the fall!

Members don't see this ad.

Already sent in the deposit and locked it in....excited!!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using SDN Mobile

Hey congrats, future classmate! I'm still saving up funds so I can do the same! Already sent in my transcripts though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ill be sending all the rest by January...then apartment hunting...excited...its going to be a long 4 years for all of us...

Ill be sending all the rest by January...then apartment hunting...excited...its going to be a long 4 years for all of us...

Yes it is. I hope we can get a group together for a beer or something before classes start. Can't wait to meet everyone!

Yes it is. I hope we can get a group together for a beer or something before classes start. Can't wait to meet everyone!

Im sure that we can do that....that would be cool...have you signed up for the DMU c/o 2017 Facebook page?

Sweet...

Hey all, DMU class of 2017 here too. I live in DES moines, if you need help searching drop me a line. Can't wait to get this started. Going to be a long year to wait.

Hey guys, looking forward to meeting you all

Last edited:
Where is this Facebook page? I can't find it. I'm accepted for C/O 2017, but am still trying to decide between DMU and Western. I think I'm leaning more toward DMU though, and thus would like to get to know some of my potential future classmates!

I can't find the Facebook group either! I will most likely be attending DMU, unless the University of Iowa admits me in which case I will have an extremely hard decision to make.

I was recently put on the alternate list for this school. Looking at some older threads, it sounds like chances of getting off this list are fairly low, but a lot of the comments about the low probability were composed much later in the cycle (like May/June I think). I also recall older threads talking about how they were ranked into quartiles, which I have not been. Since it's basically end of January/start of February right now which is much earlier than May/June, do I even have a chance at this school?

I don't believe they even look at the wait list until mid-may.... Only then will they rank you into quartiles.

I don't believe they even look at the wait list until mid-may.... Only then will they rank you into quartiles.

This is what I've heard. There may be a lot of movement up until May when those holding multiple spots have to commit to just one.

If there are any third or fourth years lurking here, what year 3 rotation sites tended to be most favorable among you and your classmates?

To all of you's first and second years that are currently enrolled in DMU, I have an interview on Jan the 9th, and was hoping to stay with a current student. I think it would be great to get a feel of the vibes Des Moines offers before the interview, and also be able to get a little bit of an inside scoop from a current student.
Personal message me if you think you could host me for a night or have any questions.

Also for those current students, what do you feel DMU prides itself on? Where does DMU invest most of its time in? For instance, research? OMM? Early clinical exposure? Etc...I'm pumped for this interview and wanna kill it!

Appreciate any help!!