DMU Class of 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

allsop21

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just sent in my deposit. Starting to look at places to stay!

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats. DMU is one of the best schools for sure.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wait whaaaat! This was fast...okay guys.. quick question..

DMU is on my top school list. I got an interview, and did my best to schedule it for as early as I can but because of exams and stuff the date that will work for me is Jan the 10 of 2014. You guys think is that TOO late? And also I'm NERVOUS, plz notice the big letters! haha, any advice?

Wait whaaaat! This was fast...okay guys.. quick question..

DMU is on my top school list. I got an interview, and did my best to schedule it for as early as I can but because of exams and stuff the date that will work for me is Jan the 10 of 2014. You guys think is that TOO late? And also I'm NERVOUS, plz notice the big letters! haha, any advice?

You should be OK still during January. I think my class was filled in mid spring, and even then we had a little movement when people changed their minds.

Do they give out a list of supplies you need to purchase before school starts, like an otoscope, blade handles, etc?

Do they give out a list of supplies you need to purchase before school starts, like an otoscope, blade handles, etc?

No. You'll get that list a week or so in. The IPMSA club takes orders through Welch Allen at a student discount for clinical medicine class (if you want "name brand"), but some students will just order cheaper stuff on Amazon and I haven't heard of them having any problems. Definitely easier to order through the school though.

And anatomy lab doesn't start the first week so you have time to get gloves, blades, dissection kits, etc etc.

No. You'll get that list a week or so in. The IPMSA club takes orders through Welch Allen at a student discount for clinical medicine class (if you want "name brand"), but some students will just order cheaper stuff on Amazon and I haven't heard of them having any problems. Definitely easier to order through the school though.

And anatomy lab doesn't start the first week so you have time to get gloves, blades, dissection kits, etc etc.

Good info. That makes sense. Thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got in! Can't wait until August!

Congrats! Looking forward to seeing all of you guys next year! :) Enjoy every single minute of your life now, go travel, have fun, earn some money... Life will never be the same again once you are in school.

Reactions: 1 user
Have you guys checked out any places to stay? I've been looking around on the net and I'm really liking this Gateway Lofts place but it's expensive as hell. Windsor apartments don't look too bad either however.

Last edited:
I just got in! I am submitting my deposit as we speak! I am too excited!

Reactions: 1 user
I have my interview January 10th and I cannot wait! DMU is my first choice and i really hope i get in!

Got accepted in November. Can't wait to start and meet all of you! I love that DMU has so many surrounding apartment complexes. Anyone know where they're going to live?

Got accepted in November. Can't wait to start and meet all of you! I love that DMU has so many surrounding apartment complexes. Anyone know where they're going to live?

I just came back from Des Moines after looking at many apartments. I'm currently considering living at Windsor Square or Ingersoll Square.

I was going to out to DSM to look for houses in the spring sometime. There are tons of awesome apartments around school. I just would rather rent a floor of a house!

Just submitted my enrollment deposit! :) Excited to start school in the fall!

Reactions: 1 users
Any incoming 1st years apply for the mentored research program?

Any incoming 1st years apply for the mentored research program?

I sure did apply! Did you?
And do you, perchance, know when we will hear back about out applications?

Does anyone know if there are any seats left? The fb group says there are 50 members for the class of 2018.

Does anyone know if there are any seats left? The fb group says there are 50 members for the class of 2018.

I know they said they were winding up the application process in one of their recent emails, but I know a lot of the members for that group are in the higher classes. They might be getting close to full.

I've been on the alternate list since early February....anyone know if the class is full, how many people get acceptances off the waitlist???

Everyone lock down a place for the fall? 3200 grand ave. apartments got full so I decided to get an apartment @ Gray's Lake. Some great complexes but I'm on a budget.