DMU-COM Discussion Thread 2011-2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
FYI..

research PI letters do not constitute as 'science' letters for anyone who is planning to use a PI LOR

call them and "argue", it worked for me

Members don't see this ad.

I was scanning the DMU calendar and it looks like they are going to be doing interviews on Mondays and Thursdays starting Sept. 1st.

I would look for interview invites in early August because they usually give you an invite a month in advance.

I was scanning the DMU calendar and it looks like they are going to be doing interviews on Mondays and Thursdays starting Sept. 1st.

I would look for interview invites in early August because they usually give you an invite a month in advance.

Thanks for the heads up!

Members don't see this ad :)
You are fine then, they will let you know if it doesn't meet the requirement. If that is the case, the DO who wrote your letter will just have to email an adjunct. Its no big deal.

I guess the fastrack interviews are out...

Last edited:
I got an interview invitation today! This is my first one, I am excited!

Good luck to you all, I'm sure we'll be hearing more news soon. :)

Fast track interview invite! This was a big surprise, I didn't even know they did this...

What is the fast track?

If it only encompasses similar cases to mine, they invite you for an interview after reading your AACOMAS before your file is complete. My secondary is in, just not my letters.

You still have to have your file complete before the interview though, so it's not like we're getting out of anything.

Fast track invite too!! Sweetness :) First invite feels great!

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview invite!!! although I'm pretty sure Im complete so I guess its not fast track... now I just need to pick a day....

Interview invite!!! although I'm pretty sure Im complete so I guess its not fast track... now I just need to pick a day....

Did it not mention fasTrack in the email? I thought they didn't sent out regular interview invites until later, whether your packet is complete or not.

I wonder what their criteria is for fasTrack. I have a 2.990 GPA and was surprised to get an interview invite at all. I got a fasTrack interview and scheduled for Sept 1st :D

When were you guys verified in AACOMAS? And what are some of your stats? I know its early but I am really hopiing for this school. 3:68 c and 3.71 s with a MCAT of 28Q.

2.99 C | 3.64 S | 30M MCAT

It probably helps that I took a few years off of school, and then went back and finished with a 4.0 my last two semesters. I've also worked as a CNA for 6 years and and have done some overseas medical missionary trips and tons of other volunteer and leadership experiences (student government, Eagle Scout, supervisor at my current job, church leadership and volunteer roles, etc).

Also, I had everything submitted to AACOMAS about an hour after it opened up for submissions on June 1st. I had everything already filled out in May.

Last edited:
3.81 cGPA, 3.7 sGPA, 32R MCAT. I was verified June 9th.

No it didnt say fast track. Ive been complete since a few weeks ago though.
3.77 28Q. anyone interviewing on the 9th??

You can see my stats in my MD apps. I was verified 6/6, sent the secondary 7/5 and was just complete yesterday. Got the interview invite today.

I signed up for the 9/15 interview date. I decided not to do one around labor day weekend and the flights looked a little better around 9/15.

I met someone from admissions out in AZ at some pre-health fair; super nice lady. I talked to her for a long time and she is a big part of me applying here. I'll have to look and see if she gave me her card, I don't remember her name at the moment...

Interview invite also! Super excited, love this school.

Not that it matters (because I am stoked that I am interviewing at all), but the FasTrack thing seems pretty random. I have a 3.9/30 and my invite was just regular... maybe FasTrack wasn't necessary because I was already complete but I thought that those were based strictly on stats.

Congrats to everyone!

FrkyBgStok, when was your AACOMAS verified, and when did you turn in your secondary application to DMU??

I think I might be in a similar boat

got an interview too
scheduled sept2
good luck everyone!!!! :)

FrkyBgStok, when was your AACOMAS verified, and when did you turn in your secondary application to DMU??

I think I might be in a similar boat

verified 7/5 complete at DMU 7/13. It is awesome everyone is getting interviews. Hopefully I am right behind you guys. Just gotta cross my fingers. Good luck to everyone else.

verified 7/5 complete at DMU 7/13. It is awesome everyone is getting interviews. Hopefully I am right behind you guys. Just gotta cross my fingers. Good luck to everyone else.

I am in the same boat as you, we have to remember its really early. Last year I was unfamiliar with this process and I applied really late (complete) in March and ended up with 2 interviews, 2 wait lists. Hang in there, I'm sure more invites will go out soon.:thumbup::xf:

I was complete on the 13th as well. Geez.... so jealous of those who already got interviews!!! congrats and good luck

Fast track interview, but my LORs aren't in yet... 3.7s 3.7c 33Q

Damn you guys are interviewing on the 9th?? I'm starting school here on the 8th and I'm already going to be seeing the next class walking around....crazy.

If anyone has any questions about DMU and interviewing and such feel free to PM me.

Last edited:
Damn you guys are interviewing on the 9th?? I'm starting school here on the 8th and I'm already going to be seeing the next class walking around....crazy.

If anyone has any questions about DMU and interviewing and such feel free to PM me.

I think they mean Sept. 9th, so we'll have a month before next years class starts interviewing.

I just picked up my laptop today. Very nice :)

Good luck everyone!!

I'm interviewing the 2nd of September. Looking forward to it!

I just received a secondary from DMU and I'm having trouble deciding when I should submit it. As of now, my stats are as follows:

cGPA: 3.67
sGPA: 3.50
MCAT: 22R

I know my MCAT is well below DMUs average, which is why I'm retaking it September 8th.

My question is this: Do you think I should wait to take my second MCAT, see how I scored in October, and then send my secondary in? Or should I just send in my secondary as is right now, because interviews and spots fill up pretty fast?

Both have their advantages and disadvantages and I'm not really sure what to do. Any advice would help!

Thanks!

To the people with interview invites: When were you verified in AACOMAS and when did you submit your secondary? I am curious if I'm way behind... I was verified w/MCAT 6/23 and submitted secondary 7/9...

To the people with interview invites: When were you verified in AACOMAS and when did you submit your secondary? I am curious if I'm way behind... I was verified w/MCAT 6/23 and submitted secondary 7/9...

Worry not. The only people with interviews are the fast track people.

Yeah my interview was fastrack. So I got an invite before my secondary was in. Good luck to all!

AMCAS: submitted June 1, verified June 16th
DMU: Secondary app on July 5th, complete notice on the 20th, interview invite on the 21st.

Not fast-track.

AMCAS: submitted June 1, verified June 16th
DMU: Secondary app on July 5th, complete notice on the 20th, interview invite on the 21st.

Not fast-track.

You must have fast track stats. At least that is what I am telling myself because I am hoping really hard for an interview from DMU and I was complete before you.

Last edited:
I was verified 6/6, submitted secondary 7/5, complete 7/20, interview invite 7/21.

I was complete on 7/15. I don't have superb stats, but we'll see...

Congrats to everyone who got interviews. I'm still waiting for freaking AACOMAS to verify my app. They got my last transcript at the beginning of July. I hate that they are taking so long. DMU looks awesome and I would love to go there. How long did it take for you guys to get verified?

Haha, I do this too...although it seems as though you're in a better position than me just by looking at your profile... :) Good luck!

when i wake up in the early afternoon (i work nights) i immediately grab my phone to check my e-mail. Would love to hear from DMU.

Submitted the secondary today. 3.75 gpa 24 mcat. Retook 7/16 so i dont have my new score yet.

I got straight up rejected from DMU this morning. Received an email saying I'm not qualified for a Secondary.

CA Resident, 3.14 cGPA, 2.96 sGPA (strong upward curve with ~3.5gpa last two years), 33Q.

First Rejection of the cycle. Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

CA Resident, 3.14 cGPA, 2.96 sGPA (strong upward curve with ~3.5gpa last two years), 33Q.

At least it's early enough to enroll in undergrad in the fall. My guess is you need to improve that sGPA big time. Maybe retake your science classes to wipe out whatever it dragging it down. Someone who got a 33 on the MCAT is certainly capable of acing undergrad sciences ;)

At least it's early enough to enroll in undergrad in the fall. My guess is you need to improve that sGPA big time. Maybe retake your science classes to wipe out whatever it dragging it down. Someone who got a 33 on the MCAT is certainly capable of acing undergrad sciences ;)

Yea I was just immature during that time of my life. I've gotten many other secondaries this cycle so I'm still hopeful. I think DMU must have an auto-cut off at 3.0 gpa which sucks because I would have had it except that AACOMAS counts college courses taken during high school (which I don't agree with).

Going to retake some classes this fall while still praying for interviews/acceptances!

On the secondary, did anyone actually write in the "Anything else you'd like us to know" comment box? Feel like I should use every opportunity given to me to explain why I should be selected, but on the other hand, I don't want to force anything. Maybe I'll write what my plans are for this upcoming year.

Thanks