DMUCOM Class of 2015!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just thought I would start up at class of 2015 thread!

Members don't see this ad.

This thread has sure been quiet. Thought I'd give it a little bump now that people are starting to put down deposits.

I paid mine a couple weeks ago. I am invited to interview at my state school next week, but I'm pretty sure I won't go because I don't think I'd choose it over DMU anyway.

Can't wait to meet everyone next year. :hello:

Members don't see this ad :)
can't wait!! Where is everyone coming from? I'm coming from Colorado.

Kokomo, Indiana :)

Colorado as well. :)

Anyone get their information for the student portal yet? I'm anxiously awaiting mine.

No I haven't gotten any information on the portal yet!!! I too am anxiously awaiting!!

I am coming from Grand Rapids, MI, but I go to school not far from Kokomo (Taylor University in Upland, IN)

I just paid my seat deposit this weekend! I am coming from Appleton, WI. I really loved the school and am so excited for August! My husband is staying back in Appleton b/c he recently got a promotion. Anyone else doing the long distance thing??

I am coming from Grand Rapids, MI, but I go to school not far from Kokomo (Taylor University in Upland, IN)

I grew up in GR too! Currently in South Dakota. Excited to meet you all!:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Coming in from Milwaukee, WI. Just got my portal information, and I've been scouting places to live for weeks to find a place that allows dogs. I can't wait to meet everybody.

The FB group sure is boring for our class. There are no posts and it is difficult to creep on your future classmates.

The FB group sure is boring for our class. There are no posts and it is difficult to creep on your future classmates.

Ha! SO funny that you say that… I was literally just on the fb page and left thinking the exact same thing! :)

Hey all!!!

First off, congrats on your admission to DMU!

I will be graduating this May, and own a house in Des Moines --- specifically in the Beaverdale area. It is a 2 bedroom 1 bath home with a dine-in kitchen, a living room, a family room (with a woodburning stove), a basement with a finished portion & a portion for laundry/storage, a privacy deck, and a great fenced in yard perfect for dogs. The neighborhood is quiet. Commute to DMU is 3 miles (1.8 miles from Drake). It is walking distance to a grocery store, several parks, and biking/running trails. I will be moving very shortly for residency --- actually in about 2 weeks. I was just curious if any of you would be interested in renting my home (it would be available the end of April, and first month's rent would be due May 1st).

I'm asking $1000/mo with a $1000 deposit and a $200 pet deposit (no weight limit, but would prefer no more than 2 dogs). Further, if any of you are interested, and would like to sign a 2 year+ lease, I would be willing to negotiate on the monthly rent. I have a lot of furniture (and some books) that could be negoiated as well :)

Please PM if you are interested and would like more info.

Again, congrats everyone --- you all will enjoy DMU, it's a great place!

via Seattle, WA.

Can't wait to throw all of my life in the old Subaru and make the trek!

I was just accepted from the alternate list! I'm looking forward to meeting everyone, especially my fellow Badgers!

This thread has sure been quiet. Thought I'd give it a little bump now that people are starting to put down deposits.

I paid mine a couple weeks ago. I am invited to interview at my state school next week, but I'm pretty sure I won't go because I don't think I'd choose it over DMU anyway.

Can't wait to meet everyone next year. :hello:

Not trying to judge or anything but I would really go to the state school interview....teaching hospital equals better clinical year education.

Im a dmu student in my clinical years and clinical affairs here is TERRIBLE.

Not trying to judge or anything but I would really go to the state school interview....teaching hospital equals better clinical year education.

Im a dmu student in my clinical years and clinical affairs here is TERRIBLE.

Umm... thanks for the advice but that post and the interview invite were from last december. I'me already living in west des moines so I think it's too late. :)

Accepted today! Coming from San Diego. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Hi
I'm a 2nd yr D.O. at DMU and I know there aren't many apts. near campus that allow dogs. I have found some however. If you haven't already found a place, I'm sure you have because it's late July...but if you know someone or if you still need a place, call Meric Property Management at 515 255 9289. their office is on Ingersoll/36th. NO PET DEPOSIT! No size limit (from last I asked), low security dep., Management is VERY nice and maintenance guys are very good and fast! They have large apts, usually in old historic bldgs around the drake and dmu area. hard wood floors, tall/large windows. rent ranges from 500-700/month. Good Luck!

Umm... thanks for the advice but that post and the interview invite were from last december. I'me already living in west des moines so I think it's too late. :)

Im just a year ahead of you but wanted to pipe in. I have a couple of friends graduated and a couple in 4th year who shared their clinical experiences w me. The majority of them were positive (and to some degree controlled by the students decisions 4th yr, etc). If the school that fit you is DMU then you are gonna do great with your choice.

There are weaknesses to every program and I have little reason to think that my program varies greatly from another average med school. Welcome to DMU and enjoy those anatomy lectures lol. I didnt care for those lectures one bit... (seriously though, it all can be fun and goes extremely fast).