DO 3.45c 3.3s 8/9/10 27

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

matt1989

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys - your help would be greatly appreciated

3.45c 3.3s with strong upward trend and one premed req retake
PS=8,V=9, B=10

ECs
-worked in an ER for 1 year as a medical scribe with 10+ MDs and DOs
-volunteered for 10 days in Peru (watching rounds, interacting with patients)
-non-medical volunteering in Camden and Trenton
-worked as an RA in undergrad

I'm still trying to figure how many and which schools to apply to. Currently looking at a list of 11-12 schools. I started with 7 then I was advised to try 15 and found something in the middle.

Planning to apply to these schools as a Pennsylvania resident

CCOM, PCOM, NYCOM, UMDNJ-SOM – reach schoosl
LECOM-Erie, AZCOM, ATSU-SOMA, KCUMB, VCOM
MU-COM, CUSOM – brand new backups

Also looked at DMU and was annoyed by the biochem requirement. I also looked at RVCOM and was turned off by the "for-profit" thing. I also considered some of those Touro schools but was extremely surprised by the $200 application fee for the NY campus and abandoned ship.

Members don't see this ad.

I think that your list looks great! :)

List looks very good.

Hey guys - your help would be greatly appreciated

3.45c 3.3s with strong upward trend and one premed req retake
PS=8,V=9, B=10

ECs
-worked in an ER for 1 year as a medical scribe with 10+ MDs and DOs
-volunteered for 10 days in Peru (watching rounds, interacting with patients)
-non-medical volunteering in Camden and Trenton
-worked as an RA in undergrad

I'm still trying to figure how many and which schools to apply to. Currently looking at a list of 11-12 schools. I started with 7 then I was advised to try 15 and found something in the middle.

Planning to apply to these schools as a Pennsylvania resident

CCOM, PCOM, NYCOM, UMDNJ-SOM – reach schoosl
LECOM-Erie, AZCOM, ATSU-SOMA, KCUMB, VCOM
MU-COM, CUSOM – brand new backups

Also looked at DMU and was annoyed by the biochem requirement. I also looked at RVCOM and was turned off by the "for-profit" thing. I also considered some of those Touro schools but was extremely surprised by the $200 application fee for the NY campus and abandoned ship.

Members don't see this ad :)
List is spot on. Would not be surprised one bit if you got in PCOM. Consider adding ACOM to your list if you want as well. Chances are great.

List is spot on. Would not be surprised one bit if you got in PCOM. Consider adding ACOM to your list if you want as well. Chances are great.
I had similar stats and applied to PCOM-GA with no love, so I wouldn't get your hopes up too much. From my experience, I'd suggest adding LMU-DCOM and WCU-COM. I got ii at those places as well. Best of luck!

Good list, strong chances. Agreed with look at LMU-DCOM.