About the ads

1. Free Financial Webinar with White Coat Investor! Monday evening at 7:00 PM EDT, hear about the Top 5 Financial Considerations for Starting Residents from White Coat Investor's Dr. James Dahle. Register here. Hope to see you there!

Do all retail pharmacies use thye same computer program?

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by Carboxilic774, Feb 15, 2006.

1. SDN is a nonprofit organization. Services are made possible through the generous support of SDN members and sponsors. Thank you.

Thanks to Crack the PCAT
  1. Carboxilic774

Carboxilic774 Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    SDN 7+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Do all retail pharmacies use thye same computer program?
    I work at CVS as a tech and and I was wondering if other pharmacies such as Walgreens use the same computer program as us?
    Thank you
  2. All4MyDaughter

All4MyDaughter SDN Mommystrator Staff Member Administrator SDN Senior Moderator Lifetime Donor Partner Organization

Pharmacist
    Pharmacist SDN Partner SDN Published Author NCPA Kappa Psi SDN 7+ Year Member
    No.
  3. calrx

calrx

Resident [Any Field]
    SDN 7+ Year Member
    No. I've worked on two different ones and some are definitely better than others. Then again, I suppose it's just what you were trained on.
  4. WVUPharm2007

WVUPharm2007 "I hear the WMD is the bomb."

Born: Parkersburg, WV | Now: Montgomery TWP, PA
    Pharmacist
    Pharmacist SDN 10+ Year Member
    No, but it would be frickin' beautiful if they did. :(
  5. Carboxilic774

Carboxilic774 Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    SDN 7+ Year Member
    : (
    That's a shame. I thought I was sgoing to be one step ahead once I learned how to use this program really well.
  6. crossurfingers

crossurfingers Senior Member

SDN 10+ Year Member
    Which company do you guys think has the best computer system? I heard Walgreen's was really good and easy to follow. The only bad thing was that they are able to analyze everything you do (like accuracy, how fast you fill, etc.)
  7. calrx

calrx

Resident [Any Field]
    SDN 7+ Year Member
    I worked for Wegmans Pharmacy for 4 years and loved their system. Then I worked for Kinney Drugs for 5 months while I was finishing my last semester of college and I found their system to be HORRIBLE. It was very un-user friendly and a pain in the ass. Luckily, I just got a job at Target and they have the same system as Wegmans! I'm so excited... haha.:)
  8. DrugDealer

DrugDealer Senior Member

Pharmacist
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    I work at CVS and think their system is like 10 years behind the times. It's not as bad as Target's, but not as slick as Rite Aid's or Walgreen's, whose systems are Windows-based.
  9. sdn1977

sdn1977 Senior Member

SDN 7+ Year Member
    Amen to that! But...I believe they all use First Data Bank as a source of drug info & interactions, altho correct me if I'm wrong. (btw...this is a great place for foreign non-US licensed pharmacists to work!)
  10. dgroulx

dgroulx Night Pharmacist

Pharmacist
    SDN 10+ Year Member
    I've worked with 4 different retail computer systems, all of them different. Walgreens was by far the best one. I hate the one at Publix.
  11. No doubt, the system at Publix blows.
  12. LittleMissB

LittleMissB Senior Member

Pharmacist
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    Not the same. I worked at Rite Aid during the time they switched. The system they had before was so primitive. It was the black screen with the white letters and all the commands were manual. They finally updated though with something much more user-friendly called "Nexgen." The interface is like a cross between Mac OS X (<--- love) and windows.
  13. Fill your Rx 26

Fill your Rx 26 Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    Definately not the same! The one at Sav-on is sooooooooooooooooo old.....they keep saying we are going to get new systems...But Sav-On just got baught out by CVS so we will see what happens!