DO applicants what rank did you match at?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ari202

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a rough idea for MD applicants, but for the average DO, what position did you guys match at?

I have about 10-11ish interviews that I'll have to rank and I was wondering how it could go in the best case scenario.

thanks

EDIT: i also kno that this varies based on the stats and personal circumstances, but i am just going by law of averages. it is increasingly expensive to go on a lot of these interviews too so i know that unless you are made of money, flying is difficult. not to mention, how overwhelmingly expensive these "not for profit" DO tuition is.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
#3. It's also important to know what they ranked.

I know this is specifically for DO applicants but if anyone can shed light on MD applicants I would like to hear. Thank you

Members don't see this ad :)
It will partly depend on the quality of applicant and programs interviewed at. Most average MD and DO applicants applying outside Cali and Ivy programs match to their top 2 places in my experience.

Ditto what others have said. For iMG, DO, or MD, "where on your list did you match?" Doesn't mean anything without knowing the competitiveness of the applicant and the competitiveness of the list.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear a bottom quartile DO match at his #1 if it was an unknown program in what most would consider an undesirable are. I wouldn't be surprised to hear a first quartile MD from a top 20 med school match at #5 if her first four rankings were MGH, Columbia, UCSF, and Yale...