DO Application Questions - please help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ErikaSawajiri

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a few questions and would greatly appreciate your help!

1) I know some people at UBC (University of British Columbia) who needed to have their transcripts sent to WES while others didn't and it didn't seem to be a problem. Should I send my transcripts to WES for evaluation or not?
2) If I do send them to WES, how long does it take them to complete the evaluation?
3) I'm taking the MCAT in mid-May, which means I will likely get my score in mid-June. Since I won't know how well I do until then, should I prepare part of the primary application to AACOMAS while I wait for the MCAT scores to be released?
4) Or should I send the application with the info. that I have (excluding MCAT score) to AACOMAS in early June and declare the MCAT score when it's released?

Thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I would send it to WES, that way you won't have problems with the application and be delayed more. It doesn't take that long.

If your first score was bad, wait until your second score comes back, it will still be very early. You don't want schools putting you into an reject pile with a low first attempt MCAT score.

I would send it to WES, that way you won't have problems with the application and be delayed more. It doesn't take that long.

If your first score was bad, wait until your second score comes back, it will still be very early. You don't want schools putting you into an reject pile with a low first attempt MCAT score.

So you're saying I should wait until mid-June and then submit the application form to AACOMAS? The thing s my grades aren't spectacular (3.4 ish) so I thought it would be better to apply really early?

Members don't see this ad :)
If your first MCAT score is really bad, then wait until you have your new MCAT score to submit to schools. You don't want schools putting you in an alternate pile right away if you have a bad first score, or put you on hold / "review later". You want them to see the good score first, and not have anything up for interpretation.

Any time in the summer is still very early, the DO cycle is long

Mad Jack has it right, as long as you apply at some point before end of Summer, you're still plenty early. Most schools don't interview until September anyways, and interview all the way until March(generalized).

Reactions: 1 user
Mad Jack has it right, as long as you apply at some point before end of Summer, you're still plenty early. Most schools don't interview until September anyways, and interview all the way until March(generalized).

This might be a stupid question... But could I submit my grades to WES and fill out the AACOMAS application form (without new MCAT score) while I wait for the MCAT score to come out? And when the score comes out and is decent, then I submit the form right a way?

This might be a stupid question... But could I submit my grades to WES and fill out the AACOMAS application form (without new MCAT score) while I wait for the MCAT score to come out? And when the score comes out and is decent, then I submit the form right a way?

For AACOMAS you will need to REQUEST your mcat scores to be sent to the application service. I'm not sure what WES is, but nothing is stopping you from filling out your EC's, classes, and personal statement on AACOMAS any time you want. When your transcripts get verified by AACOMAS and your MCAT is received, your app will begin processing.