Do dental schools look at SAT scores?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jshlaferman

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, just a quick question regarding SAT scores and dental school admissions. Are they considered when deciding between students? Do any dental schools request your official scores from college board?

Members don't see this ad.

No. Penn had a question on the secondary for the Math and reading score but I doubt it's a factor at all.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Do they look at the scores as a deciding factor?

I have no idea. I guess so, otherwise why would they ask for them, right? But that's just a guess. I know they ask for SAT scores in their secondary app which you receive along with interview invite. In other words, you don't get the secondary app unless you're invited for an interview.

What if you didn't take the SAT? I'm not planning on applying to Harvard, just curious.

TMDSAS asks for SAT and/or ACT scores, along with high school class rank (if known). I hope they do take these into strong consideration, because 14-18 year old me was a beast.

Reactions: 4 users
haha I guess I wouldn't stand a chance if they checked my SATs. I got 1560/2400 haha. Well I guess I was more prepared with my DAT.

Reactions: 2 users
haha I guess I wouldn't stand a chance if they checked my SATs. I got 1560/2400 haha. Well I guess I was more prepared with my DAT.
Haha I'm on th same boat as you! But just out of curiosity, how did you do on the DAT in comparison to how you did on the SAT?

Haha I'm on th same boat as you! But just out of curiosity, how did you do on the DAT in comparison to how you did on the SAT?

My DAT scores were: 21AA 21TS 20Bio 22GC 24OC 20QR 20RC 20PAT.
I think my GPA also nudged me along as well. sGPA was 3.94 and oGPA was 3.95. I'm pretty lucky if anything since I got into my state school and I can live with that ^^. Sorry if that comes out all arrogant haha

i think they try to get a better overall picture of you through your SAT, high school transcript, 2x2 picture, etc

i think they try to get a better overall picture of you through your SAT, high school transcript, 2x2 picture, etc
...Your printer IP, what your first word was, if you take milk and lemon with your tea, preferred prime number, etc...

Reactions: 3 users
Wow! I didn't know about hs transcript. I thought it was only the SAT. I guess that's Harvard for ya! It's also the only school I believe that requires Calc 2.

I took Calc 2....but have no plans to apply to Harvard because I'm just not really a research kind of person.

While a few do, it is unlikely that it will be a game changer.