Do DO schools respond quicker then MD schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Robracer89

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm probably being really neurotic right now but so far I have gotten a lot of love from DO schools interview wise but have heard zilch from MD schools. Do MD schools just take longer to get back to people quicker from some reason or another?

Members don't see this ad.

Schools generally don't review apps in order of submission, they can sort them by other factors like scores/grades. My theory would be that someone applying to both DO and MD is likely much more competitive for the former and will probably be reviewed sooner by the DO schools.

Reactions: 1 users
Schools generally don't review apps in order of submission, they can sort them by other factors like scores/grades. My theory would be that someone applying to both DO and MD is likely much more competitive for the former and will probably be reviewed sooner by the DO schools.
Thank you so much for your input! I think I am just letting my pre-med anxiety get the best of me and just have to be more patient.