Do I have a chance this year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blowinitupinds

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!
I would love to hear your opinions and suggestions on what to do if I do not get in?
I am a non tradition student, I have a 3.76 Undergraduate in Education with two semesters of accounting and athletic training and 3.91 in sGPA. I took the DAT in July and my scores are PAT 16 QR 16 TS 21 20BIO 20CHEM 23 OC 19Reading so 20AA. I have played basketball professionally in four different countries after college and I played college basketball as well four four years while in school. Cofounded bball camp in Africa and 100+ shadowing only. No research. Besides the cut off schools what do you think. I applied to 16 schools should I apply to more?
Thank you so much ahead of time and feel free to grill me and be harsh I do not care. I am an athlete we can take it :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I would just stick to playin in the nba

Im a woman and I would love to go back to Angola and really help them out there. I know of very few dentists while in Angola. Floss there costs 12 dollars. It is mostly bought by expats. I want to initiate awareness and teach them how to prevent the loss of teeth there as well as practice there. They do not like Americans so it is very difficult to get into the country unless it is through business so I plan to go back through my contacts with the teams there. I loved the people there and I learned so much. I want to give them more than just my basketball talents. During my years playing I realized I loved science and I saw there was a need in dentistry and through shadowing I realized I loved it!
We all have multiple talents not just one SLDENTAL. I forgot to add that I was a preceptor for gen chem and microbiology for a semester and I am doing it again this year. I really enjoy educating people.
If I do not get in this year I want to revamp it next year and make my application stronger so any advice would be great!

Thanks again!