Do I Have a Shot?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hayden19

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got my MCAT score back and was crushed to see I got a 24. For DO schools this cycle, is it worth applying now at all?

- Business Major
- 24 MCAT (10VR, 8PS, 6BS)
- sGPA - 3.1 --- My lowest grade in a science class is a B-, I have almost straight Bs in the pre-reqs
- cGPA - 3.6
- 500 hours as a hospital volunteer
- ER Tech
- Learn to Skate Instructor for 5 years
- Research through the Psychology department (communication with Alzheimer patients)

So I ask you, is it worth it to try now for the newer schools / "lower tier" DO?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Depends. Do you have the mental nerve (not to mention the $$$) to try and fail and not be completely distraught and give up? Are you prepared to go to ANY school that will let you in? Is there any way you can take the MCAT again?

Survivor DO

I think your best luck will be with the newest DO programs.

I just got my MCAT score back and was crushed to see I got a 24. For DO schools this cycle, is it worth applying now at all?

- Business Major
- 24 MCAT (10VR, 8PS, 6BS)
- sGPA - 3.1 --- My lowest grade in a science class is a B-, I have almost straight Bs in the pre-reqs
- cGPA - 3.6
- 500 hours as a hospital volunteer
- ER Tech
- Learn to Skate Instructor for 5 years
- Research through the Psychology department (communication with Alzheimer patients)

So I ask you, is it worth it to try now for the newer schools / "lower tier" DO?

Members don't see this ad :)
apply broadly and I think you should get in somewhere!

If I plan to retake the MCAT in August/September, is it better to submit now and make note of my planned retake or submit now and update when I get my new scores?

The 6 in BS is definitely detrimental. Best luck will be with the newer programs.