Do I Have Enough Time To Do Well?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kinesio

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want to take the MCAT on January 29, 2010. I am working full-time (9am to 4pm, Mondays to Fridays) from now up until the end of September and I plan on not working at all during October, November, December, and January. Do I have enough time to do well on the beast? I'm afraid that working full-time from now up until the end of September may be taking up valuable time.

Members don't see this ad.

If you start in October and follow SN2ed's 4 month plan, you'll be all set. You could start in November and follow his 3 month plan also. Just use the search to look it up or he'll be around sometime probably to advertise it. It's a good plan and you shouldn't need to start more than 4 months out.

-LIS

I've noticed a lot of people asking this question lately when in truth the only person in these forums who can answer it is *you*. Take a look at the study plans and results that have been posted - they vary wildly, and studying for more than 4 months doesn't guarantee a good score any more than studying for less than a month guarantees a bad score. At this point in your education, you should know your own learning style, the effectiveness of your study habits, and the grasp you have of the prereq courses. You need to find out what the MCAT tests and how much more you need to learn, then work out a timeline that will be effective for you.