Do I have to complete the prerequisites on the secondary?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Klyx

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
A few of the secondaries that I've seen tell me about the pre-requisite coursework (1 year of bio, 1 year of chem, etc.) and ask me to list the courses I have taken which fulfill those requirements. I know I only need to have finished the pre-reqs by the time I matriculate, but do I need to fill out the requirements in the secondary stage? I haven't finished a few courses needed by some schools, and I didn't list them on the AMCAS.

I don't really know at this time which class I will take to fulfill the requirements, so I don't want to put one thing down and end up not taking that particular class.

Members don't see this ad.

A few of the secondaries that I've seen tell me about the pre-requisite coursework (1 year of bio, 1 year of chem, etc.) and ask me to list the courses I have taken which fulfill those requirements. I know I only need to have finished the pre-reqs by the time I matriculate, but do I need to fill out the requirements in the secondary stage? I haven't finished a few courses needed by some schools, and I didn't list them on the AMCAS.

I don't really know at this time which class I will take to fulfill the requirements, so I don't want to put one thing down and end up not taking that particular class.
Call the admissions office and ask. In my experience, schools that asked for required courses on secondaries tended to be pretty flexible with what they accepted.