Do i have to take the act AGAIN?

goft20

Do Right and Kill Everything
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the ACT with writing and got a 30 on it. I took the ACT without writing the second time and got a 33. My question is that will colleges that require the writing portion of the act take my 33 for scholarship considerations? In other words, can i send both scores to colleges or will the only take the ACT with writing?:scared: I really don't want to take it again.

Members don't see this ad.

It really depends on the individual colleges/scholarships. Some will only take the ACT with writing. Some won't care if you don't have writing. Some will take the best score of each section and superscore it.

^very good advice. If you don't care enough about a select few colleges enough to retake the ACT, then don't feel obligated to do it.

That being said, make sure to call every college you're unsure about and verify their policy. That's the only way to really be sure.

Members don't see this ad :)
can i send both scores to colleges or will the only take the ACT with writing?:scared: I really don't want to take it again.

Depends on the college. You'll have to look this info up on their admissions website or call their admissions office.

It depends on the college but don't sweat it. The 33 won't go to waste- they definitely will consider it.