do i need to know about synthesis of FA, triglyceride, cholesterol etc?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

treeye

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
on AAMC content list, searched "synthesis", only found glycogen synthesis and amino acid synthesis. Do i need to know synthesis of fatty acid, triglyceride, glycerophospholipid, cholesterol, etc?
TBR is too difficult to follow, so I am kind of lost of what to study and what not to. I'm watching Moof university videos but not sure I need to follow every videos there. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

You're gonna wanna know things like sanctification and acidic conditions hydrolysis. Like knowing "where would the radio labeled oxygen end up" type questions. Those questions are very high yield as they show you're understanding of organic chemistry.

on AAMC content list, searched "synthesis", only found glycogen synthesis and amino acid synthesis. Do i need to know synthesis of fatty acid, triglyceride, glycerophospholipid, cholesterol, etc?
TBR is too difficult to follow, so I am kind of lost of what to study and what not to. I'm watching Moof university videos but not sure I need to follow every videos there. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

The only synthesis you have to know is glycogen, gluconeogenesis, and FA (palmitic acid), and for FA only the general idea that citrate is exported out of mitochondria as source of acetyl CoA, and acetyl CoA is activated to malonyl-CoA for FA synthesis. Check out the KA video that should more than enough cover it.