MD Do I still have a chance in 2015 cycle - TX resident 33/3.7

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TX resident -Do I still have a chance in 2015 cycle ?

• Total voters

TexasPro

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
TX resident and applied MD instate only, hoping that I will have better chance in TX with my sta(But apparently I was wrong:(.
I know I was a bit late in applying due to my MCAT prep in Jun. I was completed on 27th July. My MCAT score came on 23rd July and all LORs completed before 20th July. Secondaries(where required) was completed by 25th Aug. I haven't received ANY IIs yet. 80hr+ research, 100hr+ volunteer, 80+hrs doc shadow, decent ECs. Can I still have hope for this cycle? Will I be considered a repeat candidate if I am not given an Interview this year? When is the last date of interviews in TX? I see from other college specific posts in TX that they already given II dated untill Mid Jan 2015. Des it mean they fill the interview spots in order, with nearly no dates left in between untill Mid Jan 2015?

Members don't see this ad.

You look fabulous. I'm in the same boat, but with one interview. I know San Antonio is looking pretty full, but the others are not. Keep your head up and keep checking your email. IIs go out into December.

There is still plenty of time. Assuming the rest of your app has no glaring holes, you will get interviews. Just be patient. :)