Do lac operon and trp operon still show up?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

guitarguy23

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does this stuff still show up on Step 1??

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know about actual boards as I haven't taken it yet, but there are several LAC operon questions on UWorld still...

As for trp... I've not seen anything about it.

The rite of passage to pass Step 1 requires that you spend 20 hours on this one question in UWORLD. After this 20 hour period, the USMLE gods say SALAAM like a myotonic seizure that you treat with Valproic Acid and allow you to pass.

Remember: MYOTONIC SEIZURES occur after 12 mo of life. INFANTILE SPASMS occur before 12 mo of life. On the 12th month of life its 50/50

This may or may not be on your examination.

Best Luck

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The rite of passage to pass Step 1 requires that you spend 20 hours on this one question in UWORLD. After this 20 hour period, the USMLE gods say SALAAM like a myotonic seizure that you treat with Valproic Acid and allow you to pass.

Remember: MYOTONIC SEIZURES occur after 12 mo of life. INFANTILE SPASMS occur before 12 mo of life. On the 12th month of life its 50/50

This may or may not be on your examination.

Best Luck

Most outrageous post I've seen in awhile. Awesome.

Reactions: 2 users
Does this stuff still show up on Step 1??

I would guess that the trp operon will not show up. The attenuation mechanism cannot occur in humans, since transcription and translation must happen simultaneously for this mechanism to work. Than again, lac operon doesn't occur in humans either...Assuming low yield. Not even in first aid.

I've seen lac operon questions on UWorld so I would be familiar with it (as I'm sure you are if you're in medical school). But I don't think the USMLE would test on it, as I can't see much of clinical application. It seems like a question that would've been on Step in the 90s.