Do med schools schedule interviews during the holiday season?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iamahippo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do med schools schedule interviews during the holiday season? My dad is trying to schedule a Vietnam trip from 12/16 to 01/02, and I'm trying to figure out whether I should go or not.

For further thought, I was actually supposed to go to Vietnam in August, but I canceled the trip last minute in order to extend my MCAT date by three weeks, and I got a 34Q. But the point here is I don't want to have to cancel the trip again a second time. There's also the issue of secondaries that I have to do during that time. (I submitted primary late, 10/8)

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Do med schools schedule interviews during the holiday season? My dad is trying to schedule a Vietnam trip from 12/16 to 01/02, and I'm trying to figure out whether I should go or not.

For further thought, I was actually supposed to go to Vietnam in August, but I canceled the trip last minute in order to extend my MCAT date by three weeks, and I got a 34Q. But the point here is I don't want to have to cancel the trip again a second time. There's also the issue of secondaries that I have to do during that time. (I submitted primary late, 10/8)

Thanks!

I think it's rare but I know UW is interviewing on 12/28. I'm sure if you will be out of the country they'll reschedule around you, it's pretty common for families to go on vacations over the holidays.

ya, i'd say go. there's very little interview activity around the holidays, and you could always reschedule.

you might not have the chance to do something like this again for a while if you're going to be in med school next year....

Members don't see this ad :)
I would go, I have an interview scheduled for the 10th but I would probably not schedule one between Christmas and new Years anyways.

Thanks for the insight, guys! I'm probably gonna go then.