do med schools see the actual transcripts that were sent to AMCAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

abcxyz0123

Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The reason I ask is b/c during my 1st semester of college, I met the requirements for "deans list" but it was not listed on my transcript. I called to ask why, and they said it was probably b/c I had an incomplete grade during the time when they were giving out the honor. They resolved the problem, and it is now on my transcript (but not the transcript I gave to AMCAS). I put in my "work/activities" section that I made dean's list every semester, but do you think any med schools will see that I was not on deans list during my freshman year according to the amcas transcript? Or do they only look at copies we give them?

I just dont want them to think i am lying, nor do I want to explain using one long and stupid paragraph in my activities section what the problem is.

Members don't see this ad.

The reason I ask is b/c during my 1st semester of college, I met the requirements for "deans list" but it was not listed on my transcript. I called to ask why, and they said it was probably b/c I had an incomplete grade during the time when they were giving out the honor. They resolved the problem, and it is now on my transcript (but not the transcript I gave to AMCAS). I put in my "work/activities" section that I made dean's list every semester, but do you think any med schools will see that I was not on deans list during my freshman year according to the amcas transcript? Or do they only look at copies we give them?

I just dont want them to think i am lying, nor do I want to explain using one long and stupid paragraph in my activities section what the problem is.

No, schools do not see your transcript. Check out the threads on entering activites on AMCAS. Some SDN adcom advisors feel the "Dean's list" should be left out, because it's simply a redundancy of your GPA.

No, schools do not see your transcript. Check out the threads on entering activites on AMCAS. Some SDN adcom advisors feel the "Dean's list" should be left out, because it's simply a redundancy of your GPA.

The medical school that I am attending in August just requested an official transcript from my college, and I think that this is standard procedure. The school that you will attend checks you out carefully just before you arrive. So don't lie. A word of caution so you don't get bit in the butt.

Members don't see this ad :)
you're probably going to have send them official transcripts if you get accepted anyways. However, I doubt they would even notice (or even care for that matter) if you put Dean's List on your ECs and didn't have it listed on your transcript

The medical school that I am attending in August just requested an official transcript from my college, and I think that this is standard procedure. The school that you will attend checks you out carefully just before you arrive. So don't lie. A word of caution so you don't get bit in the butt.

I think you have to send transcripts if you're applying while still completing college. if you already graduated, they probably won't ask for your transcript.

The only thing they get is the PDF you can print out listing your cum GPA and BCPM GPA by school year as well as other stuff.

The medical school will not see your transcripts until a month or two before you matriculate at which point you will be required to provide copies of your transcripts for your medical school files.

I think you have to send transcripts if you're applying while still completing college. if you already graduated, they probably won't ask for your transcript.

You're probably going to need OTs sent to the school at which you matriculate either way. It's pretty standard university policy to verify a previous degree (or HS diploma) before letting someone start another program.

You're probably going to need OTs sent to the school at which you matriculate either way. It's pretty standard university policy to verify a previous degree (or HS diploma) before letting someone start another program.

cool. in that case, be accurate, people!