Do med students from no-name undergrad institutions struggle more...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rubisco88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
To current medical students: Do medical students who got really high GPAs (3.8+) from no-name undergrads tend to struggle more than students who come from more prestigious or top tier schools, but had a lower undergrad GPA (like a 3.6)?

I was just wondering if you see a difference in performance in medical school depending on someone's undergraduate education.

Members don't see this ad.

It does not seem to make much difference in my class, at my school, with those whose numbers I sort of know (all three dozen haha). Maybe at the very ends...

My school seems to be almost entirely filled with people from big name schools and the joke with my friends is that I went to a clown college because mine is only known regionally, not nationally.

No clue if my school is indicative of anything except for its own student population.

Members don't see this ad :)
Makes no difference for my students. Poor time-management and poor coping skills are the real causes of problems for struggling students at our school. It's very rare that a student is not smart enough for medical school.

Status
Not open for further replies.