Do medical school frown on non-science courses taken online during the summer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JoyKim456

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
These courses have nothing to do with my major or science. I am taking them because my college does not offer them to non majors in that department.

Members don't see this ad.

These courses have nothing to do with my major or science. I am taking them because my college does not offer them to non majors in that department.

They actually may not even know. I've taken history and government online, course number leads to exact same course description typically.

Members don't see this ad :)
@FCMike11
It's by a well known online university

I really don't see why it would matter at all, specifically because you said its not science related, even if they did know. Maybe an adcom could chime in.

Nope. So long as it's from an accredited school, it'll be counted in your AMCAS (along with the grade being counted in your GPA). You can take any course online so long as it's not a medical school prerequisite. Next time do a quick search on google for these types of questions. ;)

Reactions: 1 user
I did do a google search but it didn't match up. I know it counts towards my GPA but my question was more so orientated whether or not medical schools will ucappreciate it. Also, everyone on those posts that I search up said that it wasn't mentioned as an online course on their transcript. So the conditions were different and so I couldn't take anything thoughtful from what I searched up.

"Well, he took that O.Chem and got an A, but that art class online during the summer makes me think we should reject him."

Reactions: 1 user