DO nostalgia thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tenndoc

bringer of sarcasm
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
since our hijacked thread got nuked...

i present to you a scenario for your consideration... you've got a bag of your favorite snack, bottles of your go-to drink (adult beverages count, please drink responsibly), and 3 other rowdy friends on the way over. you have no class/work the next day and no hw/projects/papers due in the foreseeable future. you have goldeneye, ssb, mario kart, mario party, star fox, and podracer sitting right there. what do you do? :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

i present to you a scenario for your consideration... you've got a bag of your favorite snack, bottles of your go-to drink (adult beverages count, please drink responsibly), and 3 other rowdy friends on the way over. you have no class/work the next day and no hw/projects/papers due in the foreseeable future. you have goldeneye, ssb, mario kart, mario party, star fox, and podracer sitting right there. what do you do? :thumbup:

Mario kart all the way. Oh my lordy!

Members don't see this ad :)
donkey kong 64 and banjo-kazooie were my favorites

actually I had tons of favorites: star fox, super smash, mario, mario party, goldeneye

ssb all the way!

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

lots of fun mario kart games...good times

I was wondering when Mario Kart was going to surface in the old school gaming discussion. Quick! B button smashing to avoid the mod's banana peel!

Still, Goldeneye for me.

Sent from my ADR6400L using SDN Mobile

Definitely adult beverages and Mario Kart is a good one to start with followed by some others.

Goldeneye...then when everyone starts whining about how the "controller sticks" or how they "never get the RCP90" we'll switch to Mario Kart...

I hear DO's are only allowed to play as Luigi on Mario Kart. Is that true? Is it also true that Luigi has a better philosophy and is separate but equal to Mario? Can Luigi save a princess if he works hard for it?

LOL. I actually heard that DOs can only play as King Boo and he never saves the princess. He just comes in, works his a#@ off and then goes home..... Anyone have any better intel here?

Members don't see this ad :)
I hear DO's are only allowed to play as Luigi on Mario Kart. Is that true? Is it also true that Luigi has a better philosophy and is separate but equal to Mario? Can Luigi save a princess if he works hard for it?

:laugh: i lol'd

Damn I almost spit my coffee out. This is hilarious! Well done.

Last edited:

:laugh:

Princess = match ortho

Slappers only in Goldeneye. Now thems were fun times.

Also, Diddy Kong Racing's soundtrack is like musical crack.

Goldeneye...then when everyone starts whining about how the "controller sticks" or how they "never get the RCP90" we'll switch to Mario Kart...

Jaws with the automatic shotgun > anyone with the RCP90. The headshots with that shotty were deadly, it was only problematic sometimes when you'd miss someone who was playing as Oddjob then they could just run up in your grill with the RCP90, haha. Oh man, good times..

Can Luigi save a princess if he works hard for it?

That's actually a good question. I don't know.

The Legend of Zelda for the NES is the greatest game of all time. This is followed by Super Mario Bros. 3 for the NES. Fan-friggin-tastic.

And Metal Gear Solid for the Playstation 1 was straight baller too.

You youngins probably don't even know who Earthworm Jim is. Makes me fear for my children.