Do out of country schools look bad?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SolvationEnergy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

So i am still a little ways off from applying, but I have been thinking about the schools i would like to apply to. My boyfriend and I are very much into new adventures and new places (even staying in one place for my PhD is getting me restless), and one of the things that we are discussing is applying to NUMEROUS out of country (I should mention we are from the US) vet schools. The ones that i would apply to would all be AVMA accredited. But I was wondering if going out of country is looked down upon at all? I know for medical school people go to the Caribbean and other such areas as a consolation if they can't get into any US schools, and it has a very strong negative connotation. Does the same stigma apply to Vet schools?

Members don't see this ad.

May want to use the search function to find in depth discussion but the general consensus is that a foreign school doesn't really matter. There will always be some people out there that look down on students who went to school outside of the US (especially those that went to a Caribbean school) but by and large, not a problem.