Do people not quote caddyshack anymore?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

caligas

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So we are mid whipple when the intern walks in and says to the surgeon: "mrs. so-an-so still hasn't passed gas."

I jumped in with "just snake a tube down her nose, I'll be there in four or five hours"

Perfect right? But everybody looked at me like I am crazy. I also realized I am the only person in the room over 40, so maybe that contributed.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
You know it was funny. I don't see a downside; now they think you are bizarre.

Reactions: 1 user
Cannonball coming.

So no **** while I'm reading this post the caddyshack theme song is on the OR stereo. Kenny Loggins "I'm alright". The timing could not have been better.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So we are mid whipple when the intern walks in and says to the surgeon: "mrs. so-an-so still hasn't passed gas."

I jumped in with "just snake a tube down her nose, I'll be there in four or five hours"

Perfect right? But everybody looked at me like I am crazy. I also realized I am the only person in the room over 40, so maybe that contributed.

is that like telling the kid the pulse ox will make their finger glow like ET?

I definitely quote it sometimes, so I got that going for me...

That's because they're waiting for the punchline later...

Whoa, did somebody step on a duck?

That movie, the Big Lebowski, and Airplane! are my three favorite movies to quote

How can you not quote Caddyshack? My personal favorite:

"You'll get nothing and like it!" -Judge Smails

How can you not quote Caddyshack? My personal favorite:

"You'll get nothing and like it!" -Judge Smails
Lighten up Francis!

From my other Bill Murray favorite flick - Stripes.

"it's in the hole"

Last edited by a moderator:
66306759.jpg

So I says to the Llama, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know. And he says,"oh there will be no money but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total conciousness." So you know I got that going for me.

What about Fletch?

This is the ugliest hat I've ever seen. Looks like the kind of hat you get free soup with...but it looks good on you

Saw some interview with the Dalai Lama recently where they asked him if he was a golfer and and threw some quotes at him--he had no idea what they were taking about. Disappointing.

Big hitter the lama...

I quote the Dalai Lama all the time, when talking about patients...

"He's got an EF of 15%, a craniectomy, history of MH, and ascites, but his renal function seems to be ok, so he's got that going for him, which is nice."

Every now and then, someone will get it.