Do programs re-download applications for any updates, and re-evaluate?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Smashingdude

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am hoping any program directors or other members can answer this question, and ease my mental torture.

I had selected the wrong Personal Statement, which had a few mistakes in terms of style/grammar, when applying to programs (don't ask me why, 'to err is human'). I realized my mistake only today, and un-assigned the previous one, and assigned a new, corrected PS.

Now, in ADTS, it says the date/time stamp next to the new PS for some programs. For other programs, it says "Not yet retrieved" next to the new PS. Please note, the old PS is still there and is available since the 16.

1. Can anyone clarify what this means? That is, if date/time stamp appears next to the new PS, can I assume that the programs have re-downloaded my application, and have the correct PS?

2. When do PD's normally read the Personal Statement? Is it already too late to call them up and ask them to re-read/re-evaluate my application? I already sent out emails to coordinators/PD requesting to re-download my app.

3. I am afraid that just because of the wrong PS, programs are not reviewing my entire application! What else can I do at this time to let them know I am really interested in their programs, and it was a silly mistake of selecting the wrong PS?

Thanks once again!

Members don't see this ad.

From my understanding, yes, programs download new things to add to applicants files. I'm going to be adding a new letter of rec this week and assume it will be added to my file. Once the date is next to the new LOR I'll assume that it's been downloaded and added to my file like everything else.