DO rotations- which rotation to do before comlex CE?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Deepa100

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I have the option of neurology/rheumatology/Diabetes clinic for the month before my comlex CE. Any recommendations on which one to pick?
I am not too sure about neurology because the attending will be on vacation for the first week and my school may not like that.
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
I have the option of neurology/rheumatology/Diabetes clinic for the month before my comlex CE. Any recommendations on which one to pick?
I am not too sure about neurology because the attending will be on vacation for the first week and my school may not like that.
Thanks!

Pick which rotation you feel like doing or the one that gives you the most time to study.

Hi,
Thanks!

I'd pick whichever will give you the shortest hours so you can study for boards.

Members don't see this ad :)
I did a 2 week family rotation at a very busy residency program, 2 weeks of required psych, then 1 week off to study.

This is for CS

All the bars were to the right with asterisks (score report, u'll see what I mean)

Anyway, suffice to say, do an ambulatory medicine rotation with lots of primary care and physical exam and basic progress note writing.

I did a 2 week family rotation at a very busy residency program, 2 weeks of required psych, then 1 week off to study.

This is for CS

All the bars were to the right with asterisks (score report, u'll see what I mean)

Anyway, suffice to say, do an ambulatory medicine rotation with lots of primary care and physical exam and basic progress note writing.

Deepa100 is referring to the CE which is the DO equivalent of the USMLE CK. The PE is the same as the USMLE CS.