DO school chances only

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

maximus21345

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, Im just looking for your thoughts on my chances of getting into any DO program if I apply for next year. I am a senior at the University of Missouri majoring in Secondary Mathematics Education. I have signed a contract at a local high school to teach this coming fall.

Science GPA: 3.42
Overall GPA: 3.17
MCAT: 31S, Fall 2014
ECs: I have been a part of my service fraternity since second semester sophomore year. I have 122 hours shadowing an osteopathic physician and have a letter of recommendation from him.

Also, do schools weight the science GPA more than the overall? I'm wondering if that might help me. The science GPA here only includes Biology, Chemistry, and Physics courses. Should I include the Geology course I took Sophomore year? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

you have good odds for DO....make sure to apply to the newer ones with lower stats

To sum things up quick. 3.03 cumgpa 3.41bcpm. No mcat yet, 20 on old mcat voided. Have worked in acute care for over 5 years, ekg tech, cathlab tech, and currently full time neurophysiologist at a level 1 trauma center. Trying to figure out the next step. I'm working full time so I'm trying to figure out if I would even have a shot at DO with these stats, or am I destined for a post bacc program. I feel as if I would only have enough time, to skimp in an mcat score, that would get me into a post bacc, rather I ask myself, if I go full throttle would I have a shot at bypassing the post bacc?

Members don't see this ad :)
You're in very solid shape. A broad list and you'll find interviews.

Solid shape for post bacc or DO? I'm at a loss when it comes to the mcat.

No offense @yayayaok but this is the 2nd thread I've seen you jump into and post your stats. Please start your own WAMC thread

@Grace184 no offense taken/kind of.... but this is my first time on this site.... I have no clue what a wamc thread is..

@Grace184 no offense taken/kind of.... but this is my first time on this site.... I have no clue what a wamc thread is..

Please post your own thread in the subforum titled "what are my chances" in an attractive format. Please look at my own WAMC for reference. If you cannot find your way around doing this, I do not see how you can manage doing EMRs once you get to document real patients because it's 10x worse.

Reactions: 1 user
Beast MCAT score is saving your DO app. I agree with sb247