Do schools see Academic Update immediately?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scoot3r

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do schools see the academic update immediately after we e-submit, or do they see it only after the transcripts have been sent in and verified?

It will take a while for the transcripts to verify and the GPA to be calculated (because last terms grades just came out and transcripts are just being sent out now), so I was curious if the schools can see our grades now or if they have to wait.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Do they see the academic update before the transcripts have been verified? It seems to me that they wouldn't consider the update until transcripts have been verified and the GPA updated

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
No, I'd says on AADSAS that it is not sent to dental schools until the transcript and GPAs are verified.

This is from AADSAS' FAQ about Academic Update:

"Q: After I e-submit my Academic Update, when do my designated Dental schools access the updated GPAs and coursework?

A: As soon as you e-submit your Academic Update, ADEA AADSAS gives your designated dental schools real-time and secure access to your entire application on-line, including the UNVERIFIED courses you entered during the Academic Update.

Once ADEA AADSAS receives your updated official transcripts, ADEA AADSAS will verify your summer and fall courses and recalculate your ADEA AADSAS GPAs. Your entire application file, including your newly VERIFIED courses and revised GPAs, are available to your designated dental schools online immediately. Once you e-submit your Academic Update and your fall transcripts arrive at ADEA AADSAS, allow 4 to 6 weeks for ADEA AADSAS to process your updated application."

I was under the impression that schools wouldn't receive my information until all my transcripts had been received and verified by AADSAS, but this leads me to believe otherwise. Based off of their answer above, I think schools will be able to see our new grades, but they do realize that these are unverified grades. Additionally, after AADSAS has verified everything, schools will now be able to see an updated GPA, which they could not see before. But I think even having the schools see the grades for my courses is a good thing. Good luck to all!

TRue story.. my interview at Boston today saw my academic update when I just sent my transcript last Wednesday.

Can you link me to this? Can't seem to find where it saids this on the FAQ page.

This is from AADSAS' FAQ about Academic Update:

"Q: After I e-submit my Academic Update, when do my designated Dental schools access the updated GPAs and coursework?

A: As soon as you e-submit your Academic Update, ADEA AADSAS gives your designated dental schools real-time and secure access to your entire application on-line, including the UNVERIFIED courses you entered during the Academic Update.

Once ADEA AADSAS receives your updated official transcripts, ADEA AADSAS will verify your summer and fall courses and recalculate your ADEA AADSAS GPAs. Your entire application file, including your newly VERIFIED courses and revised GPAs, are available to your designated dental schools online immediately. Once you e-submit your Academic Update and your fall transcripts arrive at ADEA AADSAS, allow 4 to 6 weeks for ADEA AADSAS to process your updated application."

I was under the impression that schools wouldn't receive my information until all my transcripts had been received and verified by AADSAS, but this leads me to believe otherwise. Based off of their answer above, I think schools will be able to see our new grades, but they do realize that these are unverified grades. Additionally, after AADSAS has verified everything, schools will now be able to see an updated GPA, which they could not see before. But I think even having the schools see the grades for my courses is a good thing. Good luck to all!

Was your transcript received and gpa verified by AADSAS before your boston interview/saw your academic update?
TRue story.. my interview at Boston today saw my academic update when I just sent my transcript last Wednesday.

Last edited:
Can you link me to this? Can't seem to find where it saids this on the FAQ page.

Was your transcript received and gpa verified by AADSAS before your boston interview/saw your academic update?
I called AADSAS and they verified this to be true. The schools will receive your grades real-time but it will be labeled as "unverified".

Once AADSAS receives your transcripts, they verify and recalculate GPA and forward that once more to your participating schools.