DO schools that do not have a cut off for secondary application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

seishinryoku

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, just got my AACOMAS application done! I've added a couple schools and am considering adding more.

I'm wondering if you guys know which DO schools do not have cutoff requirements when it comes to secondary applications/interviews?

I've heard many DO schools have minimum requirements for gpa/mcat and they automatically cutoff (without viewing the rest of the app) for the secondary. Similarly I've heard that some DO schools view the whole app and then offer secondary....

I'm doing a lot of research on which schools I'd like to apply to but your responses will save me some time,
Thank You!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, just got my AACOMAS application done! I've added a couple schools and am considering adding more.

I'm wondering if you guys know which DO schools do not have cutoff requirements when it comes to secondary applications/interviews?

I've heard many DO schools have minimum requirements for gpa/mcat and they automatically cutoff (without viewing the rest of the app) for the secondary. Similarly I've heard that some DO schools view the whole app and then offer secondary....

I'm doing a lot of research on which schools I'd like to apply to but your responses will save me some time,
Thank You!
This is the most recent list I found: DO GPA cut offs: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=7199902&postcount=2

Checking the information on each school's website would be wise.

This is the most recent list I found: DO GPA cut offs: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=7199902&postcount=2

Checking the information on each school's website would be wise.
Keep in mind that information is from 2008. Things may have changed. Usually the school's website says something about GPA cutoff, if there is one, but I'm pretty sure a lot of schools have MCAT cutoffs as well (not all, though) that they just don't post. For instance, I'm pretty sure LECOM-Bradenton has a MCAT cutoff of 24 sensing from the feedback I received from them last year.

Thank You!
If both your sGPA/cGPA are 3.0+ and your mcat score is 24+, you will most likely meet the cutoff requirements for most schools.